Saturday

Not So Classic Pizza Margherita ~ with Pesto and Whole Wheat Crust



Always seaching for healthier alternatives of old favorites!
It's a spin on the classic Pizza Margherita... I call it~




... exchanging refined white flour for more nutritious whole wheat crust (it's a yeast crust that can be assembled and baked into a pizza immediately, no rise time necessary!)

The recipe makes one large pizza, but I prefer to form the dough into two or four smaller pizzas.




And to cut the cholesterol, I've spread it with pesto instead of a layer of cheese, then
fresh sliced tomatoes topped with a small slice of fresh mozzarella.





It bakes in minutes; hot from the oven a fresh basil leaf on each slice of cheese makes the perfect finishing touch.

If you would like a printable copy of this tasty and nutritious pizza dough recipe you can access it on my recipe blog by clicking HERE.

If you try this healthier pizza, I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you for stopping by!








6 comments:

  1. I love this recipe, the idea of pesto instead of cheese sounds GREAT!!! THANKS!!! for the recipe. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Thanks for following my blog. I will follow your recipe blog. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mari...this looks beautiful, as always, and delicious!! I would love to have this for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that looks wonderful, just my kind of pizza, I printed a copy. I will me doing that one soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mari, I can't resist asking if you went to see Julia and Julie today! And asking your other readers as well. I loved it! I'd read both books -- Julia's autobiography is just plain wonderful, and Nora Ephron did a great job of telling Julia and Paul's story on film. If you haven't seen it yet, don't wait! It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my favorite kind of pizza, and I love how you made it healthier!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner