Tuesday

Low-Fat Banana-Blueberry-Walnut Muffins




It's another FOODIE FRIDAY, hosted by sweet and clever Michael on her wonderful blog ~ Designs by Gollum!
Please click the logo below to check out all of the other Foodie Friday particpants.





This week I made it a quest to make Low-Fat muffins fit for a party...





Let's face it, sometimes healthier versions of baked goods aren't as attractive as their uber-refined white sugar, white flour, frosted, iced or sugar-streusel topped counterparts. :(















Since we eat with our eyes as well as our mouths, I think it's extra important to make the food look attractive so we don't feel deprived.









Dining in a different spot in the house or yard, colorful linens, a variety of plates, glasses, fresh flowers, candles and tablescapes all help to liven up mealtimes.

















I must say, the good thing about eating a variety of fresh veggies and fruits is that they are naturally colorful and vary in texture which helps assuage dining boredom, too.










Like HEALTHY-Good-For-You muffins, they are... well... generally fairly uninteresting looking.






A few flowers, or in this case, many little organic flowers from the garden help elevate muffins to happy brunch fare, worthy of placement on a party table.









Happily we recently celebrated the success of Will's losing just over 30 pounds (yay!!) with a small brunch ~ these muffins helped make the table a bit more festive. :)






















I cut the flowers early in the morning, placed them immediately in water, then assembled the tray about a half hour before serving. If kept in a cool place out of direct sunlight, they will hold up very well for an hour or two.
















They were very well received, and I don't think the extra calories and fat were missed at all, even among the "full-fat-eating" folks!














If you would like the printable recipe for the muffins, you can find it on my recipe blog by CLICKING HERE.




















Thank you so much for stopping by ~ and have a beautiful day! xo~m.




















26 comments:

  1. They look yummy and nice to know they're healthy also. I'll try them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so beyond belief! Your display of muffins and flowers is so breathtakingly beautiful. Are you a designer, artist, photographer in your profession? You are so outstandingly clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mari! I'm speechless... I just can't think of the words to express how beautifully arranges your muffins & flowers are. Breathtaking - really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mari,
    The muffins do make a great presentation surrounded by all those pretty flowers.I am always glad for a healthy new muffin recipe, thanks.

    How do you get such sharp clear beautiful photos? Do you use a tripod? I have been practicing with different settings etc. and I am getting more confused.
    That is great that your husband lost so much weight already.

    Take care,

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I thought I love that garland of flowers she bought! They look SO REAL:)
    Because they ARE real:) Trop beau!
    I made blueberry muffins today too..:) But not the same.. yours are glorious Mary..And what a beautiful garland!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they look gorgeous and your display with the flowers is stunning. So pretty. I got the receipe and will definitely give it a try. Thanks for sharing, and for also sharing how to do such a fabulous presentation. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have both bananas and blueberries to use - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pics and your muffins look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful pictures. Just awesome!! I'm definitely trying the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous presentation. Cheers for hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jupiter! I've seen delicious-looking muffins before, but I've never seen them presented on a bed of fresh flowers before!

    Dear, you're going to give aunt Martha a coronary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The muffins look wonderful, I am going to try them.... and the flowers just topped it off !!Gorgeous just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures and food are beautiful as always!
    Have a great weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look yummy. Your pictures are fabulous:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well if we eat with our eyes as well as our mouths I guess I am full to the brim with beauty and taste.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No one could possibly feel deprived after looking at these photos. Hungry--yes; deprived--no! Gorgeous pictures. I love the mixture of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure these are wonderful but what a fantastic presentation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree that presentation is so important in how one plates their foods. I wonder if I can get away with giving my husband a bowl of cereal for dinner with a football type presentation. Just joking around here but wish that would work some nights:)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  19. Presentation is everything. Well, maybe it is good if they taste delicious. I m sure they do. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The presentation is so pretty, it's hard to believe it's not just a beautiful center piece. I love making muffins for my kids and even to freeze for future use. These look so tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How can anything that pretty be lowfat! I hope you have time this weekend to post over at Momtrends. Here is the link for Friday Feasts:

    http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/08/friday-feasts-poached-salmon.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful way to display a wonderful and yummy muffin. Geri.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful muffins and floral display! Have you tried agave nectar/syrup instead of sugar? It's low glycemic and calories. Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't decide if I want to eat that beautiful muffin or those glorious flowers...flowers that beautiful should be edible...
    Congrats to your hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your flowers are exquisite. Beautiful!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner