Sunday

Filled Strawberries



My friend Debbie introduced these delicious mouthfuls to us, and I'm so happy she did!

Fresh strawberries, tips trimmed so they stand upright, hull end leveled, then slightly hollowed and filled with lightly sweeted whipped cream cheese, they taste like little individual Strawberry Cheese Cakes. They are perfect for a dessert buffet.



The recipe first appeared in Martha Stewart Living a couple of years ago. So simple to assemble and they pay back big rewards for such easy prep.

Filled Strawberries

Yields 12 filled berries; recipe is easily increased


With an electric mixer whip 6 ounces of room-temperature cream cheese on medium speed until slightly fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.

Add 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract and 1 1/2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar.

Trim tops and bottoms of 12 strawberries to level. Use a small melon baller to scoop out tops.

Fill a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch star tip with cream cheese mixture; pipe into berries decoratively.


Toast 1/4 cup sliced almonds in a 350 degrees oven until toasty brown, 3 to 6 minutes; arrange slices over filling.


The berries are best made just a few hours (or less) before serving, keep loosely covered in the refrigerator until serving time.

Thank you Debbie!

I'll think of you every time I make them.

16 comments:

  1. How pretty! The cream cheese filling sounds so good with the berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved them when I saw them also!

    That Little Debbie..aka Charlotte;) ..

    I love how we share ideas and get inspired!

    Pretty pretty post Mary~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty little treats! Thanks for sharing, they look lovely and I am sure they taste wonderful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh she will be thrilled you posted this, her trademark dessert! they look wonderful and i know first hand they taste great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a tasty treat...and easy! that makes it a hit in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What tastes like a bite of Fresh Strawberry Cheese Cake but with 1/10th the effort?

    Royal Cheesecake Mix.


    Put...the...gun...down, Mari.

    Let me explain. Aside from the Royal's cardboard flavor, I'd wholeheartedly agree this treat would kick butt, not only in looks but taste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfectly beautiful! Wait until Debbie sees them - she'll flip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great, easy idea! Theyd look so gorgeous to serve at a party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have wanted to try these as soon as Debbie mentioned them...beautiful presentation Mary !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never knew anything so easy could be so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary, what a beautiful presentation! You have shared the most wonderful recipes and photos, so sharing this recipe is my small contribution. I'm sooooo glad you tried them, and enjoyed them as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Debbie's strawberries. Yours look perfect, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your strawberries look divine. I've made something similar. I filled mine with lightly sweeten marscarpone cheese that I added a bit of almond extract to.

    I actually brought these to baseball practice and the boys and their parents loved them. My recipe came from either the Betty Crocker Magazine or the Pillsbury one. Their recipe also called for you to "paint" the inside of the strawberries with chocolate but that was pushing it for baseball.

    Sorry about being so longwinded!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how I could reach into the screen and grab one :-)

    Beautiful as always Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! so simple, yet they look(and probably taste) amazing!

    Can't wait to try them :]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner