Wednesday

Chicken Marsala with Sage

This one is a jewel; an outstanding recipe that has been quite popular on a couple of gardening sites that I frequent.

It is originally from "Bon Appétit" magazine ~ 2002, but since my friend Jain (click!) is the one who convinced me to try it when she raved that the sauce is so good it is drinkable, ~ I'll always call it Jain's Chicken Marsala with Sage.

Thank you Jain!

I agree, this is hands down my favorite version of Chicken Marsala. I believe I've made it four times since the recommendation about a year ago.



CHICKEN MARSALA WITH SAGE
adapted from "Bon Appétit"
4 servings

4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, each cut in half horizontally (to make 8 thinner chicken cutlets)
All purpose flour
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 cup imported dry Marsala
1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
Fresh sage leaves for garnish

Method:

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dust with flour; shake off excess.
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped sage; sauté 1 minute. Add half of the chicken. Sauté until brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter.

Repeat with remaining butter and chicken. Tent the cooked chicken with foil and keep warm.

Add Marsala and broth to skillet; bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Boil until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes.

Season with salt and pepper; spoon over chicken. Garnish with sage leaves, and be ready for a treat.

This time I served it with pan roasted chipollini onions and roasted, cubed sweet potatoes ~ a good combination.

5 comments:

  1. I will have to try this, your meal looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this recipe, and its so funny it was on my shopping list today~ i bot 15 meals worth at the store today, i hope i am home bound for a month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love this too:)

    A favorite indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my!! I will need to try this ASAP! My aunt Andrea recomended yoru site to me and I am slowly pouring over it, savoring each post! I grew up in Palo Alto, and now I live in a cottage in Los Altos Hills. My husband and I are 28, with a westie, a few chickens and a bee hive. You have the best plates ever...

    ReplyDelete
  5. HoneyB, I hope you like it as much as I do. :)

    I knew my garden friends would recognize this favorite~ Hi Ladies!!
    *big grin*

    Sara~ The Wine Maker's Wife!!! Welcome!

    I feel as if I almost know you through both your's and Andrea's wonderful blogs.

    Maybe she mentioned, I was enjoying her blog for some time before I recognized the shots from the same streets (and our local park) that I was familiar with while growing up. Small world sometimes, isn't it?!

    How sweet of you to come by to visit! I think the world of your aunt. What a fun and talented family, too! I must go thank her for the terrific referrals. :)

    ~m.
    P.S. I think your dog is the most adorable little guy! Have fun with your new chicks, too.

    For anyone who is not familiar with Andrea's blogs ~ here is the address for her main blog, Under a Blue Moon. I think you will enjoy Andrea's style and great sense of humor as much as I do:

    http://bleulune.typepad.com/my_weblog/

    And Sara's is just as entertaining and delightful, too ~

    http://www.winemakerswife.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner