Monday

Warm Savory Mini-Cheesecakes with Dressed Baby Greens


Wow!
Another brilliant recipe from Jacques Pepin ~ he 
explains he tasted something very similar to
this in a restaurant while vacationing in the Alsace 
region of France. Though there it was served
in a pastry crust. 

He used the same idea, but
baked the cheesecake mixture in small ramekins,
the insides buttered and sprinkled with fresh
bread crumbs to facilitate easy removal from
the molds.

I adore the contrast in flavors and textures here;
the warm, creamy little cheesecakes liven up
the simply dressed, crispy greens.




Rich, yet light and tender it was love at 
first bite ~ the delicate cheesecake
practically melts in your mouth. 

Whipped cream cheese, a little sour cream, 
eggs and a few crumbles of blue cheese are the key
ingredients.





Merci beaucoup to Chef Pepin for another winner!


I'll definitely be making this recipe again. 
And if you try it, I hope you love it as well. :)

A printable copy 
can be found on my recipe blog.


Have a wonderful week everyone!

Blessings, Mari xo


8 comments:

  1. This sounds heavenly! You have never stirred me wrong...I will give this a try! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cute thing to try:) I made your bread..well... yours and Jacques':)
    It's delish..but my non stick pot is pear shaped..:( Had to pry the bottom out..so the top was lovely..but the sides..were not..It's like trying to get a pear out..of a pear shaped pot!

    So pretty and easy though..I've been toasting it and eating w/ Skippy..

    You are both charming:) Thank you Mary for Jacques' recipes..
    And your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds absolutely scrumptious! Jacques Pepin has the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore this idea and have bookmarked it for the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to give this a try. I love savory cheese cakes. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's "that" time of year for me, and I can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mari, this looks fantastic! I want a plate of it right now and I haven't had breakfast yet. Wow, what a fun entree for a dinner party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner