Wednesday

Postcards ~ From the Garden


It's been a while since I've posted photos from the gardens, so I thought I would share some today.
A couple of young bucks wandering through the property ~





The gardens begin looking a little tired in late July and in August, but here are a few things that are still blooming.
There will be one more flush of roses in Fall...

I hope you enjoy. :)


























The fragrant lilies are blooming, filling the air with their intoxicating scent. I planted them close to pathways so their beauty and fragrance can be enjoyed close up.




















One more young buck...






Thank you so much for stopping by! xo~m.















9 comments:

  1. I love the flowers but my husband will love the buck!!! LOL
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est beau Mary!You are ahead of me:) W/ the beautiful lilies..and our roses..are waterlogged..we need sun for blooms~
    Glad you are in such an abundant floriferous time!Cause you capture them..all..so prettily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your garden postcards-great photography.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary...I can not believe that you have a lily left with the deer around...they have eaten all of mine..they wait until they are just about to open...and gone...
    My Liatrice as well...gone this year...I give up...boo hoo...
    Everything is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flowers, but I am amazed at your photos of the bucks in velvet! I have seen one buck this way in my lifetime and never again. I think it is a gift to get to see this! Of course, like Lynn - Grumpy would be happiest to see the bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like paradise...no wonder you're always so inspired to create beautiful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gardens are gorgeous, Mari. What kind of rose is that above the first lily photo? The full one that is a pinkish-yellowish color? Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you SO much everyone for such sweet comments!

    Hi Lori! That is "Pat Austin". It's growing habit (in my garden) is bushy but the flowers tend to droop, or nod sometimes ~ I love the color and fragrance so much I can easily overlook that. :)

    Thank you for stopping by. xo ~m.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love antique roses, I wish I had better luck with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner