Tuesday

Spinach Salad with Chèvre or Panela and Chilatas



A while back I posted about Diana Kennedy's recipe for Chilatas, a texturally interesting, delicious condiment made from a mix of toasted seeds and nuts, combined with chile powder and salt then ground into a crumbly sprinkle.







This is one way that I use Chilatas ~ in a unique and healthful, tasty salad.




If you missed my post about Chilatas, please click HERE to read more. :)



You could add tomatoes, grilled red bell peppers, shrimp, or chicken, etc. but this time I served it along with a simple grilled chicken breast and preferred it served simply as shown here.



Either drained part-skim ricotta cheese, or chèvre ~ soft goat cheese are what I use because they are lower in fat. I shape the cheese into small, bite-size balls using a very small food scoop.



It's one more example of the whole being greater than the sum of the
parts. :) Simple and delicious!

If you would like a printable copy of the recipe, please click HERE.

Thank you for stopping by today! xo~m.










4 comments:

  1. Love the small boules Mary~ I remember your post vividly! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I printed your post with the chilatas recipe because it looked so interesting. Thanks for reminding me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not yet had breakfast and that would be so good!
    Beautiful Mary!
    L~xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some goat cheese in the fridge - this will be the perfect use for it. Need to make the chilatas, too. Great-looking salad, Mari!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner