Monday

Whole Wheat Pita Bread

Sure you can buy them ready-made...






But there is nothing in the stores that compare to homemade, fresh from the oven Pita bread!

I love the satisfaction of creating bread from a few simple ingredients ~ the aroma that wafts from the kitchen is heavenly. There is nothing like the taste and texture of fresh bread.




Pita bread is exceptionally easy to make, and it's always a surprising delight to watch the flat dough discs dramatically puff like hollow pillows during the first few minutes after being placed in the hot oven.

The recipe I followed this time is adapted from Beth Hensperger's excellent bread machine book~


The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook

I am a person who enjoys making bread from scratch, and by hand ~ but there are times when I gladly turn part of the bread-making process over to the dough feature on my bread machine.




The recipe makes 10, five to 6-inch pitas, perfect for portion control. :)


If you would like a printable copy of the recipe, you can find the recipe on my alternate recipe blog;

If this recipe looks interesting to you, I hope you'll give it a try!








6 comments:

  1. Ha,what a professional bake...first time to your place...keep rocking..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want to try these!!! I do! Gorgeous Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read my mind, Mari. I'm just learning to bake bread and have looked for a recipe for pita bread. Your whole wheat version looks heavenly. I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you! You're so kind to take the time to leave such sweet comments. :) xo~m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Mary...fabulous pics!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I don't know if I could ever attempt this, but this looks so good!

    Great shots.

    ;) amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner