Monday

Broiled or Grilled Salmon with Fresh Ginger Vinaigrette



First of all, I want to thank each of you for your very thoughtful and sweet comments on OUaP's first anniversary post! You all really made my WEEK. I wish I could give each of you a big, gentle hug to thank you in person. :)


Life has been crazy with activity around my house lately, lots of details to tend to, as well as ~ a washing machine that is acting up :( and my ONE year old refrigerator freezing the food in the refrigerator compartment (grrr...) not good when 95 % of our diet is based upon fresh vegetables and fruits... add to that HOUSE GUESTS ~ I haven't had much time to post, let alone take photos of current meals. :(





But this is one I had made several days ago, and it could not be more simple.

Fish (especially salmon) has always been a regular part of our diet, even more so now. I'll share many ways of preparing it healthfully. :)

This time ~ broiled salmon filets, brushed lightly with olive oil, quick, tiny sprinkle of sea salt, freshly ground black pepper if you like, and under the hot broiler until just done. (Grill it if you prefer.)

While the fish is broiling, I sauteed juilenned fresh ginger and sliced garlic in a very little drizzle of oil, then quickly swirled in some rice vinegar (you can use seasoned rice vinegar), I just made mine with plain rice vinegar seasoned with a pinch of sea salt and a little bit of Splenda (tm) to replicate the flavor balance of commercially seasoned rice vinegar.



Next I plated up the salmon and spooned the ginger vinaigrette over, a drizzle of toasted sesame oil or hot chili oil to finish is very nice.

*
Any mildly flavored fish filets can be substituted for the salmon.

If you try this, I hope you like it. Have a healthy and delicious day!




Thank you again for stopping by, and your very kind comments. xo~m.








11 comments:

  1. i love the sound of that ginger dressing, sounds unique and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I do love my fish! That looks very good indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look Yummy!! I love salmon and am always looking for new ways to cook it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! Give me ginger anything and I'm in heaven. The salmon looks so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl...only you could make me want to jump into a plate of fish!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks perfect for my dinner! when can you ship it, before or after you fix the appliances?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful... salmon is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salmon and ginger: such a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mari,

    Yikes your life is getting even crazier! I hope it calms down soon.

    Since you've been cooking super healthy your pictures are so full of color. This one is beautiful.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly plated that salmon beautifully. I love salmon but I think looking at that picture, I could learn to love it, if I didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner