Saturday

Halibut with Chipotle Tomato-Cucumber Relish



You've probably noticed we've been including more fish into our weekly meals.





In the interest of health I choose to grill, broil, steam or poach the fish and serve it with a flavorful fresh sauces, salsas, or in this case a relish.




I try to make the sauces or accompaniments vibrant and interesting so the heavier sauces are not missed at all.




Weather permitting, I love to dine al fresco to enjoy the gardens ~ we relax and slow down to enjoy the little things, adding another dimension to the dining experience. :)





Three to four ounces of protein doesn't sound like much of a portion, but filling out the plate with low calorie, steamed or stir-fried veggies helps fill the tummy!



This time the sides were steamed haricot verts (I added a little freshly minced garlic on top, and steamed along with the beans)... which I inadvertently overcooked.

I hate when I do that! :(


I sauteed some yellow crook-neck squash with some thinly sliced yellow onion as well.





The relish couldn't be easier ~ No recipe needed.
I combined some cubed English, or "hot house" cucumber, diced tomatoes on the vine, finely diced red onion, Chipotle sauce to taste, along with a touch of white wine vinegar, a scant 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and a tiny pinch of salt to taste, if needed.
Rinsed capers would go nicely here, too.


I toss it together about 30 minutes or so before serving so the elements have a chance to mingle before serving.





All in all, a light, yet satisfying, filling dinner.
If you have your mind into eating lighter, I think you might really enjoy this.



Thank you for stopping by my blog today, and for any comments you might care to share.
xo~m.










10 comments:

  1. That sounds so good. I love fish of all kinds, but the DH just can't stand it. I do try to grill some for me and fix him chicken. Your sauces and relishes would be good on his chicken too. Thanks for such great recipes. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious! Fresh and light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful meal...the fish, the salsa, the plating...I want some too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious Mari... we eat a lot of fish. I like the relish alongside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy a healthy dinner, and I like how you added the chipotle for flavor. I buy fresh catch from the "fish man" every Thursday. Thanks for the relish idea Mari!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fish and have it at least once a week too. Like you, it's usually with veggies and sometimes brown rice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite way to eat fish now/ w/ a nice crisp flavourful salsa~I too think the chipotle must be delish!

    Pretty sunflowers too Mary~

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my kind of dinner....
    just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for such kind comments! It's so thoughtful of you all to take the time. :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner