Friday

Chicken Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce



Terrific as as snack or party food, Chicken Satay is a favorite dinner at my house as well.


Last night I served it with steamed broccoli, and a lightly seasoned Asian-style slaw. Traditionally the chicken is served on lettuce leaves, I skipped the lettuce this time.






If you do an internet search you will find slight variations in the seasonings used for the chicken marinade, and the peanut dipping sauce ~ on
my recipe blog you'll find the recipes I usually use, both are slightly simplified versions, but no less tasty.




I use curry powder in the yogurt marinade instead of ground cumin, coriander and tumeric, and increase the garlic a bit.





For the peanut sauce I don't use coconut milk, and opt for creamy peanut butter rather than grinding peanuts ~ it's delicious! :) It's a fine dressing for a grilled chicken salad, too.








If you would like a printable copy of the recipe, please click HERE.
Thank you for stopping by my blog ~ have a healthy and delicious day!
xo ~m.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I would like the recipe!!!
    Seriously, though, I'm always looking for new ways to make chicken, and I love the idea of a peanut sauce made with peanut butter. I'm bookmarking this!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kind of meal..:)
    Oh Mary.. How lucky is Will?:) I looked at Jain's post and thought the same..
    Hope your guys know how lucky they are!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. another gorgeous mary moment! have a great weekend, thinking of you 2~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chicken satay - we almost always serve it at our summer parties : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chicken satay, too. Perfect summer fare - actually I like it any time of the year!

    Gorgeous, Mari -

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so tasty. Wanna come cook at Vanderbilt for a few days? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great summer recipe, and I love using peanut butter as an ingredient. Plus, more beautiful pictures! I wish you would come photograph my dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love chicken satay and like you, I have experimented with many different peanut sauces and the one we like best is just about identical to yours. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh...can I come to your house...?????
    Beautiful girl!
    Love this meal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner