Saturday

Loaded Pizza The Lazy Baguette Way


Does it get any easier than this?
Probably not, but it's a really good fast lunch or dinner, and beats the frozen version by miles.





Take an inexpensive baguette from the grocery store, split into two and brush lightly with olive oil, and some of my friend Ann's delicious No-Cook Pizza Sauce *~









And then top it with your favorite pizza toppings ~ anything you like.





Because it doesn't spend as much time in the oven as a traditional pizza some of the toppings are partially cooked before going on the pizza.





When it is finished baking I like to cut it on the diagonal into magnagable serving pieces.









Aside from the intial brush of olive oil and Ann's Pizza Sauce I topped with sun-dried tomatoes in herbed olive oil, some crumbled ricotta cheese, browned Italian Fennel Sausage, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions and sweet red bell peppers, black olives and another fine drizzle of olive oil before going into a hot oven to crisp up and heat through.







I eased up on the cheese this time ~ just the crumbles of ricotta before going into the oven. And after the loaded baguettes baked I added coarse gratings of Parmesan, and finally a few leaves of Italian Parsley.






It's truly an easy way to satisfy a pizza craving without phoning take-out.
* (Click to go to the recipe for Ann's No-Cook Pizza Sauce.)
Thanks for stopping by and any comments you'd like to share. I love hearing from you.
I hope you each have a lovely day.









20 comments:

  1. I love pizza of all kinds, but French bread pizza sure does hit the spot sometimes! I think I can taste yours right through the screen, M! Perfect pizza - and you're right... much better than delivery. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lazy? No way! I call this brilliant, especially when you have three kids to feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. French bread pizza looks truly terrific! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my but that looks wonderful Mary!
    Yummmm........
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAMA MIA! looks decadent and fast, my kinda food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always forget about this easy option! Your version looks very good. Thanks for the reminder of this short cut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to make these all the time! I had completely forgotten about this option!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy and delicious....Beautiful clicks as always....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm all for easy! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like food art to me!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is soo loaded!!! Oh YUM...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never knew pizza could be so easy to make! AND look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That look so very yummy! I must try this, Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mari, there is nothing lazy about this incredible "loaded" pizza. It looks absolutely delicious! A great idea using a baguette as the base, also.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks far better than some pizza parlor pizzas we've had, believe me. Mouthwatering good!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you SO much for your comments, friends! It's so kind of you to take time out of your day to come visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just had a frozen one ugh, wish I had seen this first, looks so delicious :-), Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. ciao! grazie della tua gentilissima visita! il tuo blog è mi piace moltissimo fai delle foto meravigliose sembra quasi che escano dallo schermo!!
    complimenti!! un abbraccio!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now this is the way to go, especially for those busy evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want this pizza now! Beautiful pics, I feel I can bite right into it! Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner