Monday

Silky Cauliflower and Cheddar Cheese Soup




I love a warming soup on a cold, rainy or snowy day, do you?



This one goes together rather quickly, and there is no long simmering.



Even if you or yours don't care for cauliflower you may like it prepared this way. It's the way one of my favorite aunts used to make it for me.




It is reminiscent of that childhood favorite good old macaroni and cheese ~ without the macaroni. Kids have been known to love this soup, adults too.:)



I like to use sharp cheddar and add a little extra cayenne pepper to make it slightly spicy, but of course you can use a milder cheddar and skip the hot pepper if you prefer.



I usually serve it with buttered toast or crispy English Muffins, it's so good!




If you think it is a soup you might like, you can find a printable copy of the recipe on the OUaP recipe blog ~ click HERE.


Thank you for stopping by today!







11 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I can't even think about the soup. I have serious, cup and saucer envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam I am with you, I am loving the cups and saucers. The soup sounds good, but I have to drool over the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely meet a soup I don't like. I know I'd love this one. Thanks!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks creamy and delicious. Love the photography!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't lie but I missed the soup and couldn't stop staring at your cup and saucer. great photography. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look so creamy and delicious. I love cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks gorgeous and too beautiful to eat. Ive never tried cauliflower soup. Mayb its about time i did. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silky Cauliflower Cheese Soup. I even like the name. I can just imagine how smooth and delicious your soup is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A soup that dreams are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The soup sounds good, but I have to drool over the dishes.

    How to make a website

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your comments.

    For all of you who may be "dish-a-holics" like me, the cups and saucers are vintage Spode Tower Pink (old mark). The oval under plate is actually a small platter by Villeroy & Boch.

    Thanks again for taking the time to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner