Friday

Fudge ~ Fleur de Sel

Photobucket


My mother and my grandmother, Nana, used to make a few different types of fudge, including boiled variety (like this one), and the very creamy variety, but never one that included sea salt.

I love that salty-sweet play of flavors, so I was excited when I came across this recipe on Honey B's wonderful blog. Honey explains that she found the recipe on Hanne's blog.

Links for their blogs are below and I hope you'll go visit them; both are entertaining and very informative.

Photobucket



Having to watch the amount of sweets consumed; all but two pieces are going out the door this morning as gifts , but of course I had to taste it first!

My verdict? It is deliciously rich and decadent, the little tang of salt adds the perfect counter balance to the deep, sweet chocolate flavor. It's the kind of old-fashioned fudge that I favor, but with an added flavor dimension.

I believe it's my favorite fudge yet. (Mom and Nana would understand!)

So, two big thank-yous are in order~


And also to Hanne at Supper in Stereo which is where Honey discovered the recipe.

(Click HERE for the recipe on Hanne's blog.) Thank you both!


Photobucket


It's soo good!







12 comments:

  1. Jacques would love this Mary~
    It looks beautiful in the white cups on that plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are great! Thanks for the mention and the link! I'm glad it turned out for you. Grumpy loved this fudge and I caught him getting into it more than a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful presentation! Love the plate too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mari, the fudge looks perfect, and the plate is very pretty. I can't quite make out what's in the center... a birdhouse?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link! This fudge is nice, isn't it? Even without the salt, I love the texture of it. And with the salt, it's so interesting. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of salt on the fudge...I love salty and sweet together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rich, creamy fudge is one of my holiday favorites. And thank you, Mari, for telling us a bit about your beautiful china patterns.

    As always, your presentation is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds delightful, Mari! Off off to look for the recipe now ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought some fleur de sel last month and love the taste of it. I've been wanting to look for a sweet recipe to use it with. I'll give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so good, Mari. I love salty sweet, too! I love that you come up with such different things each day! Look forward to visiting, you never disappoint :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner