Saturday

Christmas Dinner Table


Due to weather issues, Christmas Day was a quiet affair here this year. We actually didn't celebrate Christmas dinner until last night.

The food turned out very well, and I have a couple of new recipes to share ~ I'll post the menu, photos and recipes a little later.

In the meantime I thought I would share a glimpse of the Christmas table.

As you can see, I kept it very simple this year. Through the years I've found that everyone seems to enjoy themselves more (including the hostess), if I keep it casual. :)


If I'm hosting Christmas, instead of place markers I always give some kind of Christmas ornaments. This year it was these inexpensive wooden nutcrackers, each one a little different.

The centerpiece was about as simple and no-fuss as it could be. Just a gold-leaf rectangular glass platter filled with fresh cranberries, and clear votives.



It really worked out well, and was a very low-stress day!





8 comments:

  1. Pretty table, Mary! great idea with the cranberries! I love your dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!! I just love your Christmas dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea of using the cranberries with the candles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must have been a great evening Mary..Everything looks just so:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, pretty table, Mary. I'm sorry your holiday dinner plans were delayed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful table, I just love your simple centerpiece, I'll keep that thought for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, such kind comments!

    It really was one of the most enjoyable dinners for me because of the lack of stressing over last minute details.

    Is everyone ready for New Years?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner