Saturday

World of Treasures Party!


Thanks to sweet Cielo of The House in the Roses for organizing the World of Treasures Party.
It was a tough decision to decide WHAT to share, as I have many things which I consider treasures, and many collections.
I narrowed it down to a portion of my Eiffel Tower collection .
(Yikes! Yes, there are more... perhaps for another time.)

Photobucket
These I have only collected for probably the last 10 years, most of them are placed here and there in the most formal room of my (mostly casual) house, and a few show up elsewhere in my home.

Photobucket


There are Eiffel Tower items here and there, lamps, candleholders, plates, lithographs, photos, etc. I just love the design and never tire of it.

And while were are "in" France, I thought you might like to view some Limoges porcelain hand-painted miniature boxes which I've collected through the years.

More of the Eiffel Tower theme:
Photobucket




A few I keep on a tall pedestal under a glass dome~

Photobucket

Photobucket

And others gathered in a glass cabinet ~
Photobucket

I only collect the older handpainted Limoges boxes which usually have ornate clasps, and inside a little handpainted suprise. Many of the little boxes produced recently are simply made with applied decals, and a few added brush-strokes as a finishing touch so they can be labeled "hand-painted". I prefer the ones which are truly, entirely hand-painted; generally the older ones.
Photobucket

A peek inside:
Photobucket

There is much more to this Limoges collection, but I thought it best to narrow it down to food oriented objects and maybe share some of the others ones another time.

So... a few of the Culinary themed Limoges; most are about the size of a quarter to half-dollar coins.

Photobucket
And the same porcelain boxes opened, so you can peek inside:

Photobucket

Another few in keeping with the "food" theme~
The cheese dome, close up:

Photobucket

The cheese dome, opened:
Photobucket
One of the egg cartons, opened:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Opened:
Photobucket
Here's the picnic basket, closed:
Photobucket
Just a little look into a bit of my collectibles ~
I hope you enjoyed the glimpse.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the other participants of Cielo's World of Treasures Party will share with us.

Many, many thanks to Cielo for her friendship, imagination and tremendous creativity.






21 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for the glimpse! I love the egg carton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mary, what a beautiful collection. The picnic basket and the carton of eggs caught my eye right off the bat. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. first, Nice to meet you, wow!!! your collection is perfect I love your Eiffel tower Collection and The picnic basket and all!!!Fall in love with your things! Congrats!

    xoxo
    Marina

    visit me anytime...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beauty this post beholds! I love to look at those little boxes and spent many minutes going back and forth over these photos! I can't even pick a favorite they are all so beautiful. I love the eiffel tower collection as well but oh those boxes steal my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, what a beautiful collection. I love each and every one of them. Such detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe your collections..I love the tiny Limoges..The E's too..I think you have that vintage Avon bottle I love too:)

    Beau Mary..
    You and Jain have so many cute girlie things that we all like so much:)
    Thanks for taking the time to share.
    Your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i´ts a lovely collection.
    The Eiffield towers are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh mary what a treat! i love your limoges, so many little treasures you have! the e's are beautiful under glass, i am SOOOO happy you joined in, a whole 'nother side of ya! and as usually, its always filled with beauty~

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats quite a collection! i love the idea of the glass dome :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mari thanks for your gentility to write in Spanish! you have done it wonderfully! I apologise to you by my English! and I say to you, your treasures enchanted to me, and what but I like, they are your miniatures of Limoges! Thanks to visit to me! I believe that I will continue it doing, in spite of the language! kisses from Argentina!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome collection!
    The miniatures are so adorable!!

    Xo Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Mari, une collection magnifique!

    I cannot wait to show your post to my friend Sandy ... She taught French for 30+ years and has a HUGE collection of Eiffel towers. She also has several Limoges including a couple that you have.

    Her largest collection is fleur-de-lis jewelry and she never goes anywhere without wearing several fleurs-de-lis.

    Do you collect other types of Eiffel tower items?

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW,thats a very beautiful collection..I enjoyed watching..Very nice to meet you..also liked the music on your blog..:)Greets from Holland..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!!
    Your collection is perfect.The miniatures are so adorable!!
    A greeting from Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love! your Limoges boxes they are adorable. I also have a love of the Effiel Tower, the first time I saw it I screamed I was so excited. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was in awe of your beautiful collection! I loved them all..but the food themed one's were my favorite! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for participating in "World of Treasures and for all you did to make this a fun event..

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! What an amazing collection! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Wasn't the World of Treasures fun?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how I love those culinary Limoges boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are a born collector Mari! My brother is the same way, with watches, old first addition books, dishes too! Your limoges colection is charming! I've never sen any open before, what a treat! I went to Paris this summer, and I am so sorry I could not have sent you a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A charming collection and lovingly displayed, Mari! A true passion - I can tell :) I marvel at the detail of the Limoges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner