Monday

Scallion Crepes with Hoisin Pork...

Photobucket
These are so versatile as you can use Pork, Chicken, Turkey, Shrimp or Tofu for the filling. Just make your favorite non-sweetened crepe batter and stir in thinly sliced scallions, then cook them as usual.


Photobucket

Spread a little hoisin sauce* on the cooked crepe, arrange your choice of filling, drizzle with a little Asian dark sesame oil, some cilantro sprigs, and more thinly sliced scallions.

Fold one end up and both sides over, then enjoy!



If you don't care for cilantro, you could easily substitute thinly sliced lettuce or cabbage instead.

This time I used leftover roasted pork loin, cut into strips and warmed for the filling.

Photobucket


Of course you can cook the filling specially for the pancakes, but this is also a good way to use leftovers. There are never any left when I make them.

I hope you like them too.

.* Usually most grocery stores carry Hoisin sauce today.



.

11 comments:

  1. Mary..These look delicious..I like Hoisin so much ..

    I have a recipe w/ tortilla roll ups quite similar and you have just reminded me to make them again..
    They look absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty and sound so good! They look so delicate but delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look beautiful and delicious! Leftovers are pretty special at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI mari..now im a great fan of ur blog......photos ...ohhhhh amazing....i add u to my blog list.....really ur recipes nd precentations r very attractive.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Those look delicious! I just ate breakfast and now I'm starving again! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look amazing! Herbed ones at that! Yum..

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great, although I hate any type of onion/scallion - I'll just leave that part out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a really healthy meal. It's a fresh, delicious idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look really good. I have never thought of using hoisin sauce for a dish like this - that is why I just love coming here, I always get so inspired with new ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner