Sunday

Cinnamon Waffles with Coconut-Pecan Granola & Bananas

Photobucket

Breakfast for me during the week is usually a simple affair ~ a piece of fruit, yogurt and coffee or tea, or a toasted English Muffin and a glass of juice. Something quick and easy that can be eaten with a minimum of fuss.

Photobucket

So, if time permits, on the weekend, either Saturday or Sunday depending upon what's going on, I like to make a more leisurely breakfast or brunch.

Photobucket


Something that requires just a little more time to prepare, as there is time to enjoy it.

Photobucket


Sunday is my favorite day for this indulgence, there is time for the weekend paper and lingering over an extra cup of coffee or tea.

Photobucket


Today was no exception; and the menu could hardly have been more simple ~ and no real recipe required.

Photobucket

I knew I wanted waffles.

Photobucket

Cinnamon Waffles!

Hmmm... earlier this week I made some "heavy on the coconut" granola; with rolled and McCann's Steel Cut Oats, pecans, sesame seeds a little brown sugar, canola oil, a little honey and a pinch of sea salt all toasted up in a slow oven until nice and crispy-crunchy.


Idea!

Photobucket

And there was a perfectly ripe banana, too!

Photobucket

A favorite waffle recipe with cinnamon added, hot and crisp with a gob of butter, toasty coconut-pecan granola, a few slices of banana all drizzled with pure Canadian maple syrup.

Photobucket

With a few little goodies from my special friend tucked in. :)

Photobucket
Absolutely perfect way to begin the new week!


(Psst... thank you special friend.) xo!











14 comments:

  1. gorgeous morning mary, i wondered where you were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I want to spend Sunday mornings at your house! What a beautiful looking waffle and the touch of cinnamon with granola and pecans - all of my favorite flavors.

    I love the design of the waffle and I love the yellow teacup too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing breakfast, Mari, totally amazing! Marsha, I'm coming with you to Mari's. Breakfast is perfection! and I love that teacup. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary..I just got a brand new waffler..I may email you for your recipe:)

    Beautiful setting and food..

    I just heard the music too..

    Wow.. just like a visit to a pretty country B and B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks scrumptious. You need to open up a bed and breakfast and invite all of us for your grand opening! :-) I WANT one of those waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary~

    Your waffles look amazing. I want to have breakfast at your house next sunday! Your blog is just beautiful and so is the music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!!! Those look so delicious!

    I have a blog award for you! Stop by when you get a chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mari - Your photos are splendid. Would you share what kind of camera you use? I need to upgrade and there are so many options. Your waffles look heavenly.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...you never cease to amaze me...
    That is such a magnificent looking breakfast!
    Beautiful pics....
    L :*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you're all so NICE! Thank you so much. :)

    Jain, it was a lazy Sunday and full of sun, I actually was able to get out into the garden. I hope you did, too.

    Hi Marsha, thank you very much, you're so sweet.

    Carol, you know you'd all be welcome anytime!

    Monique, I cannot wait to see your first waffle photos.
    Je vous remercie encore pour le merveilleux cadeaux. Ils me donner tous ces plaisir. La belle tasse et une soucoupe faire de la table l'air si joyeux, et le peu de bouteilles sont juste adorable. Vous êtes si aimable et réfléchi. Je suis en amour avec votre blog, vous avez du talent pour tant de choses et il est évident pour tous. xo

    Hi Doris! It's so nice to see you here, thank you for the sweet compliments. ((hugs!))

    Oooh... Thank you Cristine ~ I'm heading right over!

    Cathy, I just sent you an email. :)

    Hi Linda! Thank you my friend. That's high praise, as you know how much I love your fabulous food and exquisite photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful breakfast. I bet it tasted as good as it looked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Judy and Clarice!
    Thank you. :)

    It would be my honor Clarice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How scrumptious that looks! There's nothing better than a beautiful, big breakfast on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely Perfect way to begin the new week.


    Perfect, being the operative word! Looks positively delish Mari.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner