Tuesday

Pacific Northwest Corn Pudding


This is my favorite version of corn pudding,
it's another great recipe from Christina's Cookbook.

Christina developed it to go with her Smoked Paprika Roasted Chicken (click to link to the recipe), it provides the perfect compliment of flavors. Whenever I make the chicken, this is what I serve with it.

Although the recipe calls for cooked fresh corn from the cob, when corn is not in season I use frozen corn. It's a good recipe to keep in mind for a holiday side-dish, or a lunch or dinner buffet item as it can be assembled 1 day ahead, baked when you need it and it remains hot for quite a while.


Christina's Pacific Northwest Corn Pudding
Adapted from "Christina's Cookbook"
(Recipe is easily halved)

6 cups cooked corn kernels, scraped off the cob (or frozen corn)
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (I use salted)
Additional butter for greasing the casserole
4 eggs
3 tablespoons sugar (I reduce this amount to scant 1 tablespoon)
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon salt (I use a little less, as I use salted butter)

Preheat oven to 350-degrees (F)
Butter a 3-quart casserole
Prepare a bain-marie (a roasting pan containing and inch or two water, the roasting pan being large enough to hold the baking dish in which you are baking the corn.)

Melt the stick of butter and set aside. Purée 3 cups of the corn with the cream in a food processor or blender, add the melted butter and pulse once or twice to blend.

Beat the eggs, then add the corn mixture in a large bowl. To this mixture add the sugar, bread crumbs and the remaining 3 cups of corn, salt and white pepper.

Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole and bake in the bain-marie for 1-1/2 hours or so, until the pudding is set and the top is golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. Now this is something I have never tried..

    Thank you..

    My soon to do try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner