Sunday

Sticky Sweet Sausage Bites

If it weren't for a dear friend of mine,
I probably would never have tried these.
But I am so pleased she showed me the way
to this recipe from Nigella Lawson.
They are delicious! Another winner from Nigella.
Cocktail Sausages
adapted from "Express".
.
Nigella's comments:.
"If you want to have something hot to pass around on a tray, then cocktail sausages are what you're after. There's nothing fiddly to make, nothing to go right or wrong, and everyone loves them. These are not just any cocktail sausages: the sesame oil, honey and soy give them a sweet-savoury stickiness that is pretty well impossible to resist."
...
Ingredients:
.
2 1/4 pounds cocktail sausages
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
..
Separate the sausages if they are linked and arrange them in a large, shallow-sided roasting pan. Whisk together the oil, honey and soy sauce and pour over the sausages, then use your hands, or spatulas, to toss so that all the sausages are thoroughly covered thoroughly with the liquid ingredients..
Roast for 25 to 30 minutes; give them an even turn about in the pan halfway through cooking
.
As soon as they are cool enough to eat ~ ENJOY!
.
.Tip: DO line your pan with foil (non-stick really helps)..
...
As my friend did, I used kielbasa, cut in to bite sized chunks ~ perfection! I served mine with coconut rice and cabbage slaw on the side, to make a meal of them. The flavor combinations were delicious, I look forward to making these again.

2 comments:

  1. I bet they would be wonderful in a chafing dish for a buffet table also:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! I took your word that they would be good, and made them for my sister's baby shower. (http://ronandjana.blogspot.com/2008/11/thanksgiving-followed-by-baby-shower.html)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner