Sunday

Dessert in a Jar ~ Dessert en préserve pot

Dessert in a Jar ~
Dessert en préserve pot
With my thanks to Lucy.

This presentation came directly from a delightful blogger who lives in France.

Lucy's blog is one of my very favorites.

I hope you will visit her blog, I believe you will fall in love with seeing France through Lucy's eyes. She is remarkably gifted. I think you will appreciate her style as much as I do; her writing, photography and orginality is truly inspiring.

Here is the link to the recipe:

I have made these two times, and followed the recipe Lucy listed on her blog almost exactly, I used chocolate cake the first time, the second time I took a shortcut and used ginger snap cookies instead of cake. It was still delicious. Do make Lucy's chocolate mousse, it is fabulous and makes just enough to suit this recipe.

I noticed that Martha Foose has a similar recipe for Banana Pudding in her cookbook "Screen Doors and Sweet Tea", made in small canning jars. The idea is to layer crumbled cookies, or cake on the bottom of the tiniest canning jars you can find, then cherries (or your fruit of choice) then topped with mousse; or perhaps the pudding of your choice, then whipped cream.

The jars I used are from France and hold about 3/4 of a cup.

The first time I used my own Bing Cherries in Brandy, but this time I used Stonewall Kitchen's Black Cherry Cognac Sauce ~ enough whole cherry pieces so it worked perfectly.


You can use those little 1/2 pint canning jars pictured here for this dessert;
the kind I use for cherries in liqueur, and jams & relishes.

I used Sharffenberger semi-sweet in my mousse, but any good quality 6 ounce
chocolate candy bar will suffice.


Can you imagine the possibilities besides the cherry, or banana? Perhaps something with berries, or lemon curd, pumpkin mousse with spice cake, etc. Of course, you will have to name them something else. :)

These darlings are completely portable as long as you keep them chilled.

Merci beaucoup Lucy! I have learned so much from you.
I always enjoy your postcards, your current ones are no exception; they are incredibly beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites..if there is such a thing.
    I am so happy to see all your "Richesse De Talents" in one spot.

    It's just the cutest little presentation.
    And I like Lucy's Blog also.
    Bonne Journée!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the cutest presentation ever, i so love your blog, its just endless beauty and idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't they make a perfect gift to someone special at Christmas time. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! How delicious. I really like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner