Saturday

A Simple Foccacia ~ Caramelized Onions, Shallots, Sundried Tomatoes and Fresh Rosemary


Unlike most foccacia recipes this one requires no sponge (starter), making it a good candidate on a busy day when you want freshly made foccacia. The flavor and texture are very good considering how little effort is required. The dough can be made with a stand mixer or bread machine, and shaped into two foccacias or (soft) breadsticks.

The recipe is directly from the back-of-the-bag courtesy of the Gold Medal Flour folks.
I attempted to find a link on their site to link to it here, but I couldn't find this particular recipe, so this is next best:



(Click to enlarge)


I topped it with caramelized onions, shallots, a sprinkle of chopped sundried tomatoes and fresh rosemary, along with a couple of grinds of fresh pepper.


Slices make a wonderful accompaniment to salads (as with this short-cut Caesar), soups, stews, or as an appetizer with beverages. I would make this foccacia recipe again.

2 comments:

  1. I love Focaccia..thanks for sharing yours..

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks fabulous, thanks for teaching me how to make it too~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner