Friday

Spicy Sweet Curry Glazed Chicken or Pork



Sometimes when the weather turns chilly and damp I like to make a meal that reminds me of warmer summer days. This is one of those recipes.

Do try this one ~ even if you think you don't love the flavor of curry seasoning; there is just a nuance, it is not strongly pronounced at all.
Give me this glaze over a tomato-based grilling sauce on chicken anytime!





It is at once, sweet and spicy ~ and the method is simple; grill or roast the chicken until nearly done then brush the thick basting sauce during the last couple of minutes of grilling/roasting time so the baste doesn't char.


My local butcher shop carries fantastic organically raised chicken which I favor ~ you can cut the breast halves into two pieces if they are very large as I did this time.






When I prepare this recipe I alway make a little extra sauce divide (and keep it separate from the basting sauce) to serve at the table. I prefer bone-in skin-on chicken breasts for this method, but you can use boneless/skinless breasts (or thighs), chicken kebabs, a whole chicken (cut up), wings, or pork chops or pork tenderloin.



Let me tell you ~ the aroma while it is cooking is irresistible ~ your neighbors will call you to ask what smells so good.
Honestly.... :)
And my neighbors are not close by!


I assure you, the aroma is surpassed only by the flavors of the completed dish.
It is soo good!






Quickly sauteed orange & yellow sweet bell peppers and zucchini go very well with these flavors.
I usually serve it with some kind of grain side dish. This time I made a very simple orzo (shaped pasta) side dish I'll share it in the near future in case anyone would like it.


Try it! I think you'll love it as much as I do.






If you would like a printable copy of the recipe, you can find it on my recipe blog.
Click HERE.



If you try this one I hope it becomes a favorite.


Thank you for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend everybody.


16 comments:

  1. I'm off to print this one. We would love it! Thank you.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this looks so stinkin' good. It's SNOWING here, and we just finished cross country practice, so I'm freezing and dreaming about hot food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to go and make dinner now and I wish there was a plate of this waiting for me...
    I looks just wonderful Mary!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good, and I'm glad you mentioned that it is good over tenderloin, too. I grilled some venison tenderloin tonite by brushing it with Dijon then lightly coating it in breadcrumbs. I bet this basting sauce would be delicious with venison. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color on that chicken is incredible! So rich!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful dish with layers of flavours! Just wonderful, Mari!

    Ju

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds & looks incredible! I now know what I am going to fix for supper. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm definitely going to try this!! I love the flavor of curry and the sauce sounds amazing.

    Thank you for your gorgeous photos and delicious recipes, Mari! I learn so much every time I come here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What wonderful flavors! This is a definite keeper. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has to be one of my favorite flavor combination's! If it's spicy and sweet, it's for me : }

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello and thank you so much for your great comments.

    I'd love to hear back if you try this, and any tweaks you might try, to make it your own.

    I always appreciate hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mari, this looks OUTSTANDING!! Oh my goodness this is just what I've been looking for. I needed a marinade that didn't call for soy or any products using soy or corn syrups (ie Worcestershire) so this is PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mari - The chicken looks stunning! Very succulent!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mari..we had this evening on grilled chicken breasts, and it was outstanding!! This is such a keeper, we can't stop talking about what we will put this sauce on. Love the smell, the bite of the pepper flakes and the curry. Our curry came from a friend who bought it in India, so it is very good. Thanks for many meals to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you SO much for coming back to comment and letting me know Susan!

    I'm so happy you liked it ~ you've made my day. ((hugs)) ~M

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pics are amazing and even if I didn't know all of the delicious ingredients, I'd have to have it!

    You've done it again, Mari!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner