Wednesday

Spicy Tuna Pasta with Garlic-Lemon Zest Dressing



There is a lot to like about this simple pasta dish.
It is budget friendly, light and healthy and it can be put together with ingredients I usually have on hand in the fridge or pantry.


The bonus is ~ it can be assembled in minutes (and it is very flavorful, too.)



Easily put together ~ the warm pasta is tossed with cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper slivers (or fire-roasted red peppers from the jar), cubed fresh mozzarella, drained Italian Tuna in oil, parsley, basil and red chili flakes.



To make the dressing the lemon zest is crisped with the garlic in a little olive oil, then drizzled over and tossed gently.



The ingredients could easily be changed according to what is in your pantry ~ some other ideas that come to mind are olives, capers, marinated artichoke hearts, red cherry peppers, or another kind of cheese could easily be substituted or added to the ingredients I chose this time.


You may have guessed... :)
the recipe is loosely adapted from one in Donna Hay's Magazine, although Donna's recipe is even more simple than my version, requiring just the pasta, tuna, basil leaves, chili flakes and the dressing.
I'll definitely be making this one again, and if you try it I hope you like it too.
If you would like a printable copy of the recipe please click HERE.
Thank you for stopping by today!










23 comments:

  1. I am so hungry right this minute...this would really hit the spot!
    Gorgeous Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific looking pasta dish! Filled with marvelous ingredients and just perfect for lunch or a light dinner. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one pretty pasta dish! And I love the copper pot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous dish with all those bright colors and flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds so delicious!
    I'm definitely trying this one!
    Thanks!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always it looks and sounds delicious!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has to be among the most beautiful pasta dishes I have EVER seen! Just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks fantastic and I'll be making it soon!

    thanks for posting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, that looks so good, Mari! I'm all for dishes that are easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would never had guessed it could be assembled in minutes! The colours are out of this world! And presented in that adorable pan, oh ... what a dish! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pasta and when mixed with tuna it's awesome...Nice to run across another blog from the great pacific NW

    ReplyDelete
  12. the photos are beautiful!! the colour and the pasta dish looks awesome. Really YUM :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so fresh and tasty Mary..I love using Tonno in oil:) For pasta and salads.. Beautiful photos too:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd be hard pressed to name a pasta dish I didn't like!! This is another tasty-looking one to add to my repertoire. Thanks Ms. M!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. God your shots are beautiful lately. The one with the pan with the handle facing toward the back is beyond awesome. Powerful and bright.

    I always learn something here. Thanks Mari.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Mari....how PRETTY this looks! You could make garbage look delicious, honest! LOL Fantastic Photography & recipe, as well. Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks delicious, Mari. Lots of flavor without a heavy sauce. And a very lovely copper pot too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bet this would even be good cold. I love tuna!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love anything with fresh mozzarella!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh man oh man...this tuna pasta salad looks and sounds so awesome!
    p.s. Preserved turnip can be used instead.
    Thanks again for visiting my page and your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments everyone!

    It's so kind of you to take the time to let me know your thoughts.

    Angie, thank you for letting me know about the substitution! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Many of the necessary vitamins are found in garlic as a natural antibiotic and food should be consumed in more than gives great flavor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner