Monday

Spanish Tapas~ Potato Aioli and Potato Bravas



When you want a fast and delicious appetizer or snack duo keep these Spanish tapas in mind. Budget friendly and they can be on the table in a matter of minutes. Everyone I've ever served them to cannot get enough of these ~ so make plenty.







Shallow-fried potato cubes, sprinkled with salt are sauteed in olive oil for about 10 minutes until crispy then served with one or both of these flavorful sauces.





I always serve with both of the sauces because they compliment each other so beautifully.

The
Bravas sauce (bravas meaning fierce in this case) is made by heating a little canned tomato sauce in olive oil, a bit of Dijon mustard, the very flavorful sweet or smoky Spanish paprika, Tabasco sauce (as much or as little as you like) and a bit of salt to taste.





The aioli is a quick version using good quality mayonnaise blended with freshly minced garlic and a little fresh lemon juice.




In keeping with the theme I serve them in small shallow earthenware dishes known as cazuelas.
Are you familiar with the traditional Spanish cooking/serving vessels known as
Cazuelas? (If not, you can click the link to learn more.)


They so are useful for both cooking and serving ~ and inexpensive enough to have an entire collection of all sizes. I use them frequently for cooking and serving all kinds of food.







I hope you'll remember this method the next time you want a mouthwatering little snack. I believe you'll like these as much as my family and friends do.
If you would like a printable copy of the recipe it is on the Once Upon a Plate Recipe Blog; click HERE.
Thank you for stopping by ~ I hope you have a lovely day.





19 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. I would love to be served some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT!!! recipe foe potatoes. Something different and delicious.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good and so simple. Great idea.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good and I like the two sauces for them. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats such an easy & affordable way to entertain..yummmyyy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember ordering bravas at every tapas joint in Barcelona to compare them. Some were meh, some were amazing. I liked the ones that had both aioli and bravas sauce on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We make these potatoes often, but have them with just sea salt and pepper. The sauces make them extra special, and the bonus is that they look so easy! I have cazuelas to serve them in, too! I guess I know what I'll be making;-))

    Thanks....Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look sooo good Diane ! I enjoy making tapas..they do make lovely snacks. I think I have to make them because I'm craving for them right now...youre such a brilliant photographer too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! These potatoe tapas dishes are a fabulous and creative idea to serve guests. I just love it! I have bookmarked this page to remind myself where these dishes are located. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look wonderful. I know what I am going to be making. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks beautiful.....so tempting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks nice and delicious. the bravas sauce sounds very interesting. i will give it a try very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, yes, Mari! I can never get enough these shallow fried potato cubes! These look really delicious with the accompanying sauces. I love spuds in all forms ... I just made a potato pie, in fact! :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job. Every time I blog about them, my photos stink. You really captured their deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these!
    Yours look so wonderful!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. There's only two of us so these would make a perfect way to prepare and serve potatoes. My mouth is watering for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you friends! Your comments are so appreciated ~ you make my day. :) I hope you love these as much as we do.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whats up dude

    It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner