Friday

Green Bean and Bacon Salad


Tyler Florence Fridays!



Please click logo to learn more.

This is one of my favorite Tyler Florence recipes ~ it's fairly healthful (if you don't count the bacon), very flavorful and goes together quickly.




Simply crisp the bacon in a skillet and drain, briefly blanch the green beans in boiling water, drain and plunge into an ice water bath to stop the cooking and set the color.




Toast the walnuts (or pecans) and shake up the simple dressing in a jar.



Arrange the ingredients in a bowl on on a platter. Right before serving, toss with the dressing and dig in!

I love this salad.



It's perfect for a potluck, or party because it can all be made ahead, then just tossed with the dressing when ready to serve.

If you would like a printable copy of the recipe, it's on my recipe blog ~

Please click HERE to get it.




I'm also sharing this for Foodie Friday!
Please click the
logo to see all participants this week.

Thanks for stopping by and I would love if you would leave me a comment so I know you've visited!













21 comments:

  1. ..."healthy .. if you don't count the bacon" I CRACKED up over this. Poor Bacon if only it were a health food. ... but it doesn't stop me from eating it. It is one of my bad food favorites. I always did love the 'bad boys'. sigh. =)
    xo Isa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to say it, but I have one of his book and have never cooked a recipe from it.

    Anyway, these beans look amazing. Great photos!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the dressing is n your recipe book:)

    Your bacon looks beautiful and meaty..Yum Mary~I bet the crunch is perfect w/ those flavors~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bacon, bacon, bacon...just mention it and I'm "there"! This looks fantastic! Thank you for sharing and have a fabulous Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum!! Gorgeous photography as usual.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Word! This looks so yummy! I love anything with bacon in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so yummy! I like the combination of brown mustard and bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is better with bacon! Lovely photos, looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mouth is watering-I am definitely going to try this recipe. I could look at your beautiful photos all day....Best wishes, NM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! I'm going over to get this recipe. It looks delicious. Thanks. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think bacon gets a bad rap, don't you? Pigs seem to live okay with lots of bacon...at least for awhile:) Thanks for the great recipe. I would love for you to join me at Crock Pot Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bacon is my favorite meat on the planet..it can make even green beans taste good!
    This looks like an amazing salad..

    ReplyDelete
  13. That salad looks yummy but your bacon looks fantastic! I love crispy bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that is a beautiful salad. It looks so good, I'll be making this one.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous dish and nothing wrong with indulging in some yummy bacon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mari, those beans are in an exquisite shade of emerald!! The contrast in colours is simply stunning. I was wondering what dressing that was, until I read the recipe .. hey, I can do it too! :) Thanks for sharing this simple but awesome dish.

    PS: Please, call me Ju :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my...I would love this!
    Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a bean dish even my hubby would love! I looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've got to try this one. Gorgeous photo too.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bacon and green beans just go great together. This sounds like a delicious salad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner