Saturday

Shrimp and Rice Salad ~ Greek Style



Warmer days seem to call for lighter meals ~



I had some leftover brown rice from the day before ...
so I warmed it gently, added a few ingredients ...
Some lightly sauteed diced onion, green bell pepper, poached shrimp . . .
Kalamata olives, marinated artichoke hearts, cubed feta cheese, grilled red sweet peppers,toasted pine nuts and plenty of fresh oregano.
The dressing was simply the juice of a whole lemon (or two), a little fresh lemon zest extra virgin olive oil and a generous amount of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
All ingredients (except shrimp) tossed well,
then plated up, with shrimp arranged on top.
A light sprinkle of Piment D'Espelette* as a finishing touch.
A very quick and satisfying dinner ~ and no real recipe needed!
~~~~~
One of my favorite spices:

* Piment D'Espelette


The fiery dried, ground red pepper from the Basque country ~
It is a must-have ingredient in my pantry.
Marvelous added to marinades, in dry rubs and sprinkled on anything to be roasted. Mayonnaise mingles very nicely with Espelette pepper -
excellent sprinkled on deviled eggs or into potato or pasta salads.
A dusting on your favorite savory sandwich or bruschetta adds a bright flavor spike.
Try an egg fried in extra virgin olive oil seasoned with Espelette pepper ~ perfection!










8 comments:

  1. Mari, this looks delicious! The hot summer days of Texas are just about upon us - this looks perfect! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh...save me some...I am coming over!
    OMG that looks so delicious!
    L~xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delish and so easy too. What a great summer meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That salad is gorgeous. I am sure it tastes just as amazing as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drool-a-licious!!! Why do I look at food blogs after dinner and wonder why I am still hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, and it sounds so great. I've never heard of that spice. If I buy some, will my food look and taste as good as yours? I'm going to try it! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful and delish, super combo~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this looks scrumptious..Take out the olives and for me this would be perfect to eat. I'm going to search for the spice.

    Have a Great Day-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner