Friday

Celeste's Grilled Chicken Marinade

My friend Celeste gave me this recipe, so that's what I named it! It's very good, and everyone I've served it to has raved about it. It's one of the dishes I make when I know I'll be serving picky eaters. If you've cooked with mustard before, you know it mellows out and becomes barely detectable, it also enhances the texture of the meat.

If you give it a try, I hope you like it!

The marinade ingredients:

Celeste's Grilled Chicken Marinade

1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup olive oil
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

In a large resealable plastic food bag or non-reactive container, thoroughly mix all ingredients except salt.
Whisk in olive oil and pepper. Place chicken in the mixture.
Cover, and marinate chicken in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.

When you're ready to grill: Prepare outdoor grill, lightly oil grate. Grill chicken until it looks nicely caramelized, and internal temperature is 160 degrees (F) when read with an instant read thermometer.

Place remaining marinade into pan and boil several minutes, it is then safe to serve with the grilled chicken. I serve it in a small pitcher so each diner can add their own.
This time I served it with fresh corn, (cut from the cob and diced red bell pepper, quickly sauteed in a little olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and freshly ground pepper), and my Simply Grilled Zucchini.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like it would be good I like mustard.I have a recipe for southwest blackened chicken and it comes out great it has brown sugar and chilli powder in it. There are some great recipes and tips at www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that sounds delicious outdoorgriller! Thank you for stopping by. Thanks for the link, too, I'll check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner