Sunday

Peppermint Sundaes

Photobucket


One of the reasons I favor vanilla ice cream is that you can do so many things to dress it up! For example ~

This is absolutely a no-brainer, but really good especially at this time of year.

I made my favorite homemade vanilla ice cream, but you can just buy your favorite brand. Crush hard peppermint candies (I use the individually wrapped red and white ones); sprinkle over the top of a scoop or two of ice cream then finish with some grated chocolate if you like.

Such a simple little dessert but very refreshing and very welcome after a filling meal.

7 comments:

  1. What an easy festive looking dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I've been so busy that I haven't been here in a while, love what you did with the design :) Hope to see you join the Cooking with Alicia & Annie blog event this month! That sundae looks sooooooo good : ) mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Pepperment on ice cream. A great bit of crunch with the creamy vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beautiful presentation elevates everyday ingredients to celebration status. One couldn't ask for a more delicious dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! The chocolate shavings on the top are the perfect garnish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute mary, everything you touch is gold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend just made peppermint sundaes for us last week, and they were delicious! So festive and crisp tasting! She served them in Christmas mugs to add to the holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner