Friday

Brambly Hedge by Royal Doulton and More

Photobucket

This is the small plate in the Fleur de Sel Fudge photos, from earlier today.

(I neglected to include the information about the little plate in the Sel de Fleur Fudge post).


Incidentally, a number of my internet buddies and I came to the conclusion a long time ago that we have a terrible dish disease (diagnosed as dishease)! *Blush*


So in response to requests in the comment section, as well as a few emails, I would like to share a little bit about these dishes. Made by Royal Doulton they are based on mouse characters in the beloved series of book by UK author Jill Barklem.

Photobucket

From Amazon:

"The much-loved Brambly Hedge mice first made their entrance in 1980 when four seasonal stories were published. Since then, readers have loved exploring the miniature hedgerow world and meeting the families who make their home there. Jill Barklem's warm, traditionally styled illustrations which evoke both drama and a sense of humour, are richly detailed, gentle and touching, and appeal to readers young and old."

I have just collected plates from this set here and there; I don't have the complete set ~ but here is the rest of my collection in case anyone is interested:

Photobucket

~


Summer:

Photobucket



Autumn ~

Photobucket


Winter~

Photobucket


I find the Brambly Hedge plates and figurines by Royal Doulton delightful ~ but this is what truly impresses me:

The following photos are from an incredibly talented artist found on a German website:

Photobucket

Be prepared to be wowwed! There are several more shots of this model of the Mouse House (based on the illustrations from Jill Barklem's books), showing even more detail.

Photobucket

Here is the link to additional photos of handmade miniatures/ dioramas at this incredible site (with translations available in English and French):

Absolutely stunning!
If you click the "Projekte" button, you can select from ten other miniature models to admire, in addition to the Brambly Hedge model. What a talented artist!






14 comments:

  1. Mari, the Brambly Hedge plates are so sweet.

    The models by the German artist are incredible... Wouldn't you just love to see them in person? What talent AND patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those plates....thanks for the link to the models, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mari, your Brambly Hedge plates are just beautiful. I must say that I have a hard time picturing any of you GB gals blushing over your dish disease, LOL, I think you're all way too gleeful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thye are little gems those plates..
    They remind me of Beatrix Potter .
    Love her too..
    Imagine those little huses.
    If ever I have a grandaughter..I will take out the dollhouses and revamp:)
    Thanks for sharing Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the plates are just gorgeous and I love the little stories on the back of each one. Thank you for the link to those beautiful miniatures which are indeed stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh these are the cats meow, you know thats a high praise from me! i fear i need to shop now, and its not the 3 buck plate i am used too... charming post, i love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! is right. Those little houses are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mari, Can you adopt me, and be my aunty? Can I come over to your house, for delightful cocktails, or a cup of tea, a cozy fire, and sweets to munch on? Perhaps by a window over looking the garden?

    Your tea plates are so charming, I'm going to ebay now to see if I can find any..., just to take a peak.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OO,this is so sweet...I love mice..take a look in my garden..click the image "secret garden" on my blog..:)
    Go see..its fun.
    Love your blog,I will be comming back to visit..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Brambly Hedge as well.
    I have a beautiful dollstore on Etsy with lots of Brambly Hedge characters.
    I thought maybe you want to have a look
    Here is the link
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/dollsandbunnies
    Enjoy!
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the link, but argg it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my message if you do!

    I would appreciate if a staff member here at onceuponaplate.blogspot.com could post it.

    Thanks,
    Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Oliver, I'm not sure why the link doesn't work for you.

    I just checked and it was a viable link from here in the US :

    http://www.pillisminis.de/maeuse_gbr.htm

    (English version)

    There is also a French link:

    http://www.pillisminis.de/maeuse_fra.htm

    And German:

    http://www.pillisminis.de/maeuse_ger.htm

    I'm hoping one of those might work for you. Thanks for stopping by.

    Cheers! ~m.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greetings,

    I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at onceuponaplate.blogspot.com.

    Can I use part of the information from this blog post above if I provide a link back to your website?

    Thanks,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John, Certainly you may ~ and thanks so much for linking back!

    Kind regards, Mari :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner