Saturday

Darling Bakers ~ Soft Peanut Brittle

Photobucket

The assignment for Darling Bakers this week-end; cookie or candy of our own choosing. As soon as I saw this recipe, I knew this one would be my choice.

Photobucket
Am I glad Cathy, on her beautiful and informative blog, Wives with Knives, featured this recipe recently. It is absolutely delicious; not your average hard and sticky peanut brittle at all.

Photobucket

Think Butterfingers Candy bar, without the chocolate and loaded with peanuts! Rich and buttery, it breaks into soft, delicate layers when you bite into it. Ummmm!

Photobucket

I've made the Butterfinger-type candy before, but never thought of adding peanuts to the mix. It's fantastic~ Thank you for the inspiration Cathy! Click HERE to go to the recipe directly.

Please take a visit to Cathy's blog, she is so warm and friendly, and shares loads of fabulous recipes. I'm so happy to say she is also an Oregonian, although, unlike myself, Cathy is a native. (Honestly, some of the nicest and friendliest people I've met are Oregon natives.)



Photobucket


Thank you so much Cathy!
I'll think of you every time I make this delectable confection.










11 comments:

  1. Guess what ? "C'est si bon" is playing at this excat moment..Oh yum they look good..I love both your sites!
    Have a Happy Saturday..
    I will definitely try this..
    Oy this is turning out to be loads of treats w/ all the inspirations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous mary, i feel like i got a sneak preview before wfd&m! see you over yonder, later gator!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh its a good thing I don't have this sitting in front of me this afternoon. I could eat some sugar. lol. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a recipe like this before and meant to try it. Glad you posted this because today will be the day!! Oh aren't we enablers :-) Your photo is so cozy and inviting..I'd like to crawl right in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a surprise, Mari. I'm so happy you like this recipe. The addition of peanuts makes it something special. And many thanks for all your kind words and the link. Your compliments are very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the painted house in the background. A nice way to dress up the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got finished making this recipe..I couldn't wait! I had to use 1/2 cup of Nutella since I ran short on Peanut butter. Maybe it will add to the Butterfinger effect?? It smells great and the little tidbit I've tried YUMMMMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to have to make this for Christmas gifts. It looks (and sounds) so delicious. Thanks Mari (and Cathy!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful Mary - this will be a must try for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mari, those look so good! I'm putting this recipe on my list to try. And I love your Lenox Holiday. That is my Christmas China pattern, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner