Thursday

Mini Meatball Skewers with Greek-Style Viniagrette


I used ground lamb for these mini-meatballs, but you can use ground chicken, turkey, beef, pork or a vegetarian alternative.



Use your favorite meatball recipe (beaten egg and bread crumbs) ~ and for seasoning I used finely minced onion, minced garlic, minced fresh mint and salt and pepper, with a squeeze of fresh lemon.

I form the balls then chilled them (chilling helps them retain their shape while baking), then baked in a 350* (F) oven until done.
(Line your baking pan with foil for easy clean-up.)


The Vinaigrette is made from olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, fresh oregano leaves (may use dried). To add a Greek flavor I finely diced a tomato (seeded, but left skin on), and chopped Kalamata olives mixed into the vinaigrette.


After baking I skewered the meatballs (skewering is optional, but I find them easier to serve and eat this way), then placed them in small Romaine lettuce leaves, drizzled with the vinaigrette and finished with a sprinkle of finely cubed feta cheese.
I prefer to serve them warm (especially the lamb version)... but you might like the chicken or turkey versions at room temperature.
As you can see, no recipe is needed ~ just do everything to your own taste.
If you make them I hope you like them!






A big thank you to lovely Michael for hosting us on Foodie Friday.
Please click the link to see what everyone is cooking!










17 comments:

  1. Mari, your little meatballs look and sound scrumptious! I am going to have to try them soon, the photographs are amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mari, as a Greek...I love these! I'm gonna have to try these out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the presentation. These would make wonderful appetizers or a meal. I don't eat lamb, but beef or turkey would go over big at our house.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these look so good! and I love the way you oohave served them on the lettuce leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very professional food styling and a delicious looking platter. Love 'em

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look fantastic. All you need is a glass of wine and a loaf of bread and you have a perfect summer meal.
    mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're back! These look fabulous and the presentation is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of using lamb in meatballs, and your presentation is so beautiful. Again, your photos are good enough to be in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look wonderful, Mari!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent idea! These look delicious. It never occurred to me to skewer meatballs for serving...they are so nice on the lettuce leaf and finished off with a drizzle of vinaigrette. Wow! I am ready to sample them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just googled salmon in parchment and your site came right up. Now I have the recipe plus the mini-lamb skewers. Thanks!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so cute nestled in the Romaine~

    Great presentation:) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so delicious. I love the sprinkling of the feta cheese and kalamata olives. Its a very nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how the meatballs are served in the lettuce. Gorgeous meal Mari!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner