Sunday

Spaghetti Aglio e Olio ~ Spaghetti with Garlic and Oil













A favorite quick meal made with things most of us have on hand.


This time I added some broccoli florets to the pasta water during the last moments of cooking. Garnished with a squeeze of lemon and a shower of diced sweet red bell pepper.

No recipe needed ~ but here is one if you would like a guideline; I increase the amount of garlic to about 6 cloves.


Sometimes instead of the grated Romano or Parmesan cheese, I top with bread crumbs which have been tossed with a little olive oil then toasted stovetop until golden and crunchy.


Served with a crisp green salad and a glass of wine this makes a delightful meal.







9 comments:

  1. This looks really fresh and healthy and of course, absolutely delicious!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that meal. It is so easy and the ingredients are always on hand. The red pepper is a nice addition too. I'll have to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be very happy to have that meal placed in front of me! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite go-to meal. I slice the garlic very fine and user lots & lots! I cook it very slow in the oil along with pine nuts until the garlic is really carmelized and nutty and the pine nuts are toasted but soft at the same time! A sprinkling of Italian parsley is wonderful, too. I love it.

    Great idea to add the broccoli & the red bell pepper. Such a pretty picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh.. we had pasta too:)

    C'est très beau Mary..I love simple and delicious..
    Especially when it's beautiful..simple and delicious~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a nice light dinner....we have offically started a new diet..we have to lose 20 pounds in 3 weeks....and I find pasta is filling yet works when your dieting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious. I would never have thought to drop the broccoli into the pasta water. How smart! Love anything that prevents the use of another pot. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mari, your recipes are always so perfect and your photos exceptional. I really love your blog. Thanks so stopping by to see me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am getting caught up on all your beauty here again, it feels like a warm blanket~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner