Tuesday

Cinnamon and Amaretto Flan





After my friend Jain raved about Emeril's Kahlua Flan recipe, I knew I had to try it.
She stunned me by reciting the recipe, from her cell phone, in the midst of shopping
~Psst... thank you for being my personal shopper, Jain! :)



Most of the ingredients come straight from the pantry.



I had no Kahlua in the house, so I substituted Amaretto, the Italian almond liqueur.


Following Jain's lead I added cinnamon to the caramelized sugar; I used the highly intense Vietnamese variety.







Rich, cool, smooth and creamy ~ and not too sweet. :)






It is such an easy recipe, too~






Thank you for sharing the recipe Jain ~ it's one I'll make again,

and I'd love to try it with Kahlua next time.








You can find it on Emeril's website by clicking here.





5 comments:

  1. that sounds amazing! I bet the kahlua will be great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing Mary! I must try it too:)

    That must have been fun having Jain tell you what you needed:)Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering. It looks delicious, and your photos of it look good enough to eat! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm i want some! i've never had this in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using amaretto in a flan sounds so amazingly good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner