Friday

Ricotta-Parmesan Gnocchi with Brown Butter-Herb Sauce




The easiest homemade Ricotta-Parmesan Gnocchi with Brown Butter-Herb Sauce!



These are by FAR the easiest homemade gnocchi I've ever made, and delicious, too.




No potato in this recipe; the dough is made by mixing Ricotta cheese with flour and seasonings.



The butter sauce goes together in minutes. If you don't care for butter sauce substitute a lightly seasoned tomato sauce such as marinara instead.





No pasta machine is needed; the easy-to-work-with dough is simply rolled into a "rope", cut into pieces, then rolled off the back of a fork with your finger to form the familiar ridges on the top side~




and the dimple on the back from your finger ~ perfect for cupping and holding the sauce. :)




To cook the gnocchi simply drop into a pot of boiling, salted water, let them cook for a few moments ~ when they float to the surface they are done.
Honestly, you can make up a batch of these within minutes; I make them in the time it takes for the pot of water to boil.




If you like gnocchi, I hope you'll give these a try ~
I think you'll be pleased with the results.
You can find the printable recipe on my recipe blog ~










8 comments:

  1. Just too delicious for words, Mari. What an interesting recipe, one I have to try. And your photos are irresistible too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mari... I'm going to have to try this. Ricotta? Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gnocchi. I always thought ricotta gnocchi were big round things - these look fantastic. I've only made potato gnocchi - these seem a little lighter. Can't wait to try them!

    Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my Saturday supper with a great pinot gris I have chilling. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a lemonade lovely weeeknd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gnocchi are gorgeous...I'll have to try this version soon...bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mari...my son and I make potato gnocchi, and even though they are a favorite, they take time. We'll try this soon..quick and easy is good! Your pictures make this look amazingly delicious. I love the little Parmesan curls and brown butter...yum!

    Thanks!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What little works of art Mary..I would LOVE this dish I am certain:) The pleasure at seeing the little ricotta gnocchis would be enough even~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Mary...like light fluffy pillows...
    We love ricotta gnocchi...so wonderful. I must try your recipe!
    L~xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner