Having plenty of crusty bread to dip up the sauce is crucial.
As well as fresh lemon slices.
Ruth Chris' style Barbeque Shrimp Recipe
My notes: I halved the following Barbeque Butter recipe, and still only used half of what I made and that amount was PLENTY. Other reviewers had the same response.
1 pound Butter
2 teaspoons Black Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon whole dried Rosemary Leaves (measured, then finely chopped) [I used 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped]
2 ounces (1/4 cup) Garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons Water
Additional ingredients for preparing the shrimp:
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
1 pound (16-20 count), cleaned, peeled and deveined shrimp
1/4 cup chopped Green Onions
1/2 cup dry White Wine
Sourdough Bread, for serving
Slice lemons, if desired.
First make the Barbecue Butter:
1. Soften butter at room temperature to 70-80 degrees.
2. Place butter, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, rosemary, garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and water into mixing bowl.
3. Whip on high speed 3 minutes or until thoroughly blended.
4. Refrigerate to 40 degrees. (I skipped this step as I made the butter right before I needed it, with no problem.)
For the Shrimp:
This will use only 1 cup of the butter; reserve extra for another use. (Be warned the recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups!)1. Pour olive oil in a hot sauté pan.
2. Add shrimp to the sauté pan and cook on one side for 1-2 minutes. (Don't crowd; if necessary, use 2 pans. A 12-inch pan will accommodate 1 pound of shrimp.)
3. Reduce heat to medium, turn shrimp, and add the chopped green onion. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add white wine and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup.
5. Stir in 1 cup cold Barbecue Butter, reduce heat to low and cook and stir frequently until shrimp are just done (white throughout, moist and tender), approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
Take care not to overcook the shrimp.
6. Serve immediately in preheated bowl or bowls along with bread for dipping, and lemon slices.