Sunday

Red Grape, Walnut, Rosemary and Pink Peppercorn Focaccia


Who doesn't like focaccia? Raise your hand. :)






We love it, and if you've made it, you know it one of the easiest yeast breads you can make.






The dough can be made by hand, in a bread machine, food processor, or the bowl of a stand mixer. It is a soft, pliable dough and easy to shape because of the addition of olive oil.






Originally from Tuscany, this version is known as "schiacciata coll’uva". Different from the usual savory focaccia because of the interesting play on flavors ~ sweetness from the roasted red grapes, toasted walnuts, then a shower of fresh rosemary.







This time I added a scattering of crushed pink peppercorns just because I thought they complimented the other flavors well. Then a sweet-salty surprise provided by a sparse sprinkle of sugar and salt finish just before the bread goes into the oven.









It is a fine snack or appetizer with a nice fruity Chianti, or most any wine, ice tea, etc. It is also delicious for breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee ~ fabulous. (Ask me how I know!)
It would make a beautiful little gift with a bottle of wine as well.
If you would like a printable copy of the recipe, you can find it on my recipe blog by clicking HERE.


I think you might like this version of focaccia, I hope you do!








23 comments:

  1. looks sooooo wonderful and not too hard to make. whoo hooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could just eat that right off the page : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm! could I come live at your house? I can smell it baking now! Thank you for sharing your recipes. Have a wonderful week and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hugs and glitter, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful and gorgeous foccacia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting take on a familiar recipe. I would love these flavors together.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you added the nuts - great idea. I forget how easy Focaccia is to make - thanks for the reminder. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply amazing. This will be a feature at holiday parties. Thank you for sharing this.
    Steve
    http://www.myfavoriteflavours.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to be your neighbor, Mari... I'd casually pop over about dinnertime (or breakfast, or lunch!) and hope that you would offer me some of your delicious food! I also like the label on your wine bottle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful bread! I can almost feel how soft this bread is from the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary... everything looks so yummy, and so wonderfully presented.... yum!

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mari, this looks like a wonderful combination. I love the interaction of the sweet and salty. Thanks again for your supportive email.

    ReplyDelete
  12. complimenti!! le foto sono splendide! la focaccia è semplicemente SUPER!!! ciaooo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh...can't wait to have those! This is so beautiful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bread looks brilliant Mari! so very beautiful. you are such a talented baker. And photographer too! the pictures are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots to like here. I'm a peppercorn fanatic so I know I would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much everyone! It's so nice of you to stop by and to leave such wonderful comments. :)

    Karen, I WISH you were my neighbor my friend!

    Have a good week everybody. ~m.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the surprising salt bite of foccacia. But pink peppercorns? Sounds interesting... might have to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow this is fantastic for the season

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mari this looks perfect for the holidays...focaccia is a favorite here. And I'd eat this for breakfast, too :-))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mari, this is driving me crazy to look at your delicious photo and WANT a nice square of this. I just know it's FABULOUS by looking at it! Where's my white wine. I need this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner