Wednesday

My Favorite No Cook Pizza Sauce


I doubt you'll go back to store-bought pizza sauce once you try this no-cook pizza sauce created and shared by my friend Ann on her blog Thibeault's Table .




Ann is an excellent, very experienced cook and baker.*







It is so flavorful and you can adjust the amount of herbs and seasonings according to your own preferences. It's my go-to pizza sauce.










She explains she devised this recipe after experimenting with several versions over the years. Since it requires no cooking it goes together in moments so you can use it immediately (or sometimes as I do, you can make it ahead, store in the refrigerator and use within a couple of days.)










For the best flavor use good quality Italian canned tomatoes, you can adjust the herbs and seasonings to your own taste.
I like to add an extra clove of garlic, and extra freshly cracked black pepper.







Ann mixes the ingredients right in the tomato can using a stick blender ~ how clever is that?!




Thank you for sharing this simple yet delicious recipe Ann.
* You must go visit her blog and see the incredible homemade breads she makes using her own no-commercial-yeast starter.




If you would like a printable copy of the recipe you can find it on Thibeault's Table, or on my recipe blog ~ click HERE.







21 comments:

  1. NO cook?! Perfect!
    Thanks for sharing!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These photos are amazing. A no-cook sauce is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Mari. This is a fantastic, packed with flavor, pizza sauce. Ann is an amazing baker and her pizzas are always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. This is exactly what I've been looking for all my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mari, this is my kind of cooking! Recently I have been making various types of homemade pizzas, so this will definitely finds its way to one on them. Many thanks for passing on this great 'no-cooked' sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are wonderful! This looks like a great recipe to have.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now..I must try it! Two great chefs.. recommending something..

    Must be good:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I can't wait to try this recipe! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mari, those photos of the sauce on the cutting board with the pepper corns is AMAZING!!! The sauce looks pretty gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This pizza sauce looks wonderful! I'll have to try to the next time I make homemade pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make a no-cook pizza sauce, too! It is much more convenient, and I heard it is more authentic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No cook? how easy is that!! btw your photos are simply stunning...love everyone of them :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sauce sounds perfect. But Mari, your photos, as always are beautiful and inspiring! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a devoted follower of Thibault's Table. Isn't she amazing!

    I am so disappointed in cooked sauces for pizza. This looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous pics Mary!
    Simply magnificent!
    And I love those jars!!!!!!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much everyone!

    It's very kind of you to take the time to comment ~ you've made my day. :) I hope you'll stop by again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Ann's sauce (as well as most of her recipes!!) Beautiful, beautiful photos, M.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Mary, only you could make a simple pizza sauce look gourmet. Thank you so much for posting about my sauce.

    Where did you get those cute little jars?

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lori, me too! I guess you can surmise that I'm an "Ann Fan"! :)

    Hi Ann, what can I say? I love this recipe. The jars are German canning jars by Weck. If they are not available locally you might try online ~ lehmans.com or heathceramics.com

    Thank you for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. No cook sauce? Music to my ears!
    Another fabulous idea, and I'm glad to benefit from Ann's experimentation and your recommendation!

    Thanks Mari.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner