Thursday

Lemon Mushroom and Mozzarella Toasts with Oregano Oil Drizzle



I believe it would be safe to say that you'd have to like mushrooms in order to savor this dish!




And happily, everyone one in my family adores mushrooms of any kind, and prepared almost any way.




There is something about the pan seared mushrooms and slabs of fresh mozzarella cheese perched upon a grilled slice of good sourdough ...




And sprinkled with coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper and finished with a drizzle of oregano oil and fresh lemon juice that is irresistible.





The good news is that it all goes together in a matter of moments ~ and it makes a wonderful first course, or a light lunch or dinner.  It's another brilliant combination from Donna Hay.

The Oregano Oil?
It could not be more simple to make ~ and it is also wonderful drizzled over potatoes, egg dishes, as well as chicken or fish. 




If you would like a printable copy of the recipe you can find it on the Once Upon a Plate recipe blog by clicking HERE.

Thank you for stopping by today friends, and thank you in advance for any comments or thoughts you would like to share. I cherish each one.


This is my entry for Foodie Friday,
hosted by Designs by Gollum











17 comments:

  1. Oh my.... this is a very great idea to serve mushrooms and toast!!! Thanks for sharing...and I wish you to have a wonderful 2011!!Hugs, Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mari, these mushroom appetizers are stunning. A beautiful addition to a holiday feast.

    Happy New Year!

    Cheers.
    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dish is right up my alley as I look to revitalize my cooking in the New year. Have a fantastic celebration Mari!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow , I bet it's delicious!!
    Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, we LOVE mushrooms!!! What a fantastic dish. And Mari, your photos never fail to temp me.

    Hope you have a Happy New Year!!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is my kind of food, happy new years mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mari, a pizza place near us used to have a stuffed portabello. It was stuffed with spinach, mozzarella and tomatoes. OH!!! It was yummy too!!!!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thay look like a treat..I will send to my mushroom loving DD..
    Happy new Year Mary..I know it will be good for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so gourmet looking! And your pictures are so pretty!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great recipe!!! Love mushrooms!

    Happy New Year dear Mari!

    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't even begin to imagine how wonderful this is! If I were cooking for New Years I would try this. So many of my favorite foods all tucked into a few bites. Wow, have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found an appetizer for this evenings meal!!! Off to the store I must go..

    thanks for posting this recipe

    Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm salivating~ looks delish! Wishing you a Healthy & Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. my family loves mushrooms as well! this dish is presented so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a delicious recipe and your presentation is very nice. Thank you for sharing and you have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so good! Happy New Year, Mari!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!! I'm sure it tasted wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner