Friday

Ginger Beef or Chicken Patties with Lime Noodle Salad


In my previous post  I mentioned that sometimes even in the midst of a certain season I like to switch things out; for example right now lighter colors on the table rather than the traditional oranges, golds and browns of Fall. And
I find the same goes for food in my world.



  At the beginning of colder weather we crave the traditional comfort foods that the season seems to call for.  Then after a couple of weeks of that kind of eating we're ready for something lighter and more colorful, something fresher tasting than long-simmered soups or stews.



So that's where this salad fits in ~ brighter flavors using fresh ingredients which are generally available year round.  In this salad there is a nice little mix of vegetables ~ quickly blanched snow peas, cherry tomato halves, scallions (0r slivered red onion), red bell pepper and a mix of fresh mint and/or cilantro. You could easily add thinly sliced celery, carrots, or jicama too.




The Asian-inspired lime dressing can be made mild or spicy, either way it enhances everything in the bowl-- the little meat patties (beef, chicken, turkey, or pork ~ your choice) plus the veggies and noodles. 

The meat mixture contains ginger, garlic and scallions, plus a couple of  readily available Asian ingredients not usually found in western meat patties.  (Oh, these are VERY good, and I would consider making them a little larger, served with Hoisin sauce and served up in lettuce leaf wrappers.) 

To assemble the salad I cook the noodles first, rinse and set aside. Then I prep the veggies and toss them with the noodles. The dressing goes together in moments and can be tossed with the noodles and veggies as the meat is cooking.

The patties are quickly pan fried so I do that step last as the warm meat provides a wonderful contrast to the cool vegetables and noodles.   Place on top of the veg-noodle mix and garnish with additional scallions, and mint or cilantro.




This time for the noodles I used Barilla whole grain very thin spaghetti,cooked al dente, but you can also use rice noodles (cellophane noodles) which require no cooking, just a brief soak in hot water.



If you like Asian flavors, I think you'll like this noodle salad very much ~ if you would like the recipe, you can find a printable copy on the Once Upon a Plate recipe blog.

Click HERE.















15 comments:

  1. i sure wish you delivered... i am craving someone else's food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those transitional dishes I love, fresh and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This I could not resist in front of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful dish! I like all of the brightly colored veggies you added!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love noodle dishes and this one is so tempting. I'm off to get the recipe and hope mine tastes as delicious as yours looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this salad... and your photos always make my mouth water. Love the bowl too... I have several in different sizes.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mari,
    This looks delicious. Your photographs are outstanding!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lime Noodle Salad. Even the title appeals to me. Looks delicious Mary.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is right up my alley Mary!
    Very much like a favorite Vietnamese noodle bowl we love...
    I would love a bowl right now and it is after 2:00am...
    Yummmmmm.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all these flavors - I know I would love this dish! Beautifully photo'ed!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the flavors that I love. I could take this to work for lunch just tossing at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks absolutely delicious! Very colourful and fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,I love your blog,it wondefull,the food it looks so yumii and delicios,and love your garden also,it look like a heaven ;);).And what can i say about tablescape???? magnificent!!
    All the best!
    Roxana.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner