Saturday

Slow-Roasted Chipolte Salmon with Pineapple Rice


When Pam, on her blog Sidewalk Shoes, shared this recipe from "Cuisine at Home" recently I knew I wanted to make it for Saturday Blog Showcase, hosted each Saturday by my friends Ann and Lori.
This week Ann @ Thibeault's Table is hosting.










Please click the logo above to see this weeks participants and learn more about Saturday Blog Showcase.







The layers of flavor in this dish are unbelievably delicious ~

Salmon
filets are brushed with a mixture of adobo sauce from canned chipolte chilis
a little brown sugar, and salt then roasted in a slow oven for about 20 to 30 minutes (depending upon the thickness of the filets.)


After roasting the fish is brushed once again with the Chipolte sauce and placed under the broiler for a moment to slightly caramelize the sauce.










Pineapple rice provides a perfect foil for the salmon which has a bit of a spicy kick. Finally a slightly sweet-tart Lime-Ginger and Scallion Sauce is drizzled over ~ it compliments both the rice and the fish wonderfully.












It received raves at my house, 5 out of 5 stars! I would definitely make this one again for the family and I think it would be great on a dinner party menu as well.










If you would like a printable copy of the recipe, click HERE.
Thank you for coming by today ~ I would be so happy if you would leave a comment so I know you've been by. :)
Have a wonderful week friends!
















25 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful. I will be trying this on the salmon next time. It is something I am certain the family would enjoy.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, the pictures alone tell the story....never mind the aroma which must have filled your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... how did you know salmon and chipotle are two of my favorite foods to eat??? Thanks for making my mouth water.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice melding of flavors. Must try. Excellent photography.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous photos Mari. And that dish looks like such a treat...I like the sound of pineapple rice..can u believe Ive never made it?!! ill really have to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that too! It looks beautiful Mary~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful dish! I've been looking for different ways to fix salmon - this looks perfect. Love the rice, too!

    You take the best photos, Mari!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, Mari, this looks so good! Chipotle is one of my favorite sauces ever. It's got such a great flavor! Love the idea of chipotle on salmon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mari -
    This looks and sounds delicious. I cannot wait to try it.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!! I'm so glad you liked it!! Your's of course is so much prettier than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG...I have to try this as soon as possible...sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this sounds and looks absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now THAT looks sooo good! Salmon is probably my favorite food! And pineapple is not far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that deserves a 6 out of 5 stars! It's a perfected roasted salmon. Your photography always, always does justice to your fantastic dishes. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dish has such unusual flavor combinations that I'm having trouble imagining just exactly how it would taste. I guess I'll have to make it to find out!

    Fantastic photos, as usual.

    My grocery list grows longer with each visit to the Sat. Blog Showcase participants. ~~Rettabug furiously writes down "canned chipolte chilis & salmon"~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Forgot to say "thank you" for the sweet birthday wishes & nice comments you left about my cake. Your words of praise really mean a great deal to me, seriously.

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks absolutely stunning! I remember seeing it over on Pam's blog and drooling. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mari, you have done it again. Created images of a wonderful combination flavors and ingredients that calls out to be tried. What a terrific & beautiful post. Many thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  19. We love salmon and this sounds good. Love the caramelization on the salmon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never tried salmon with those flavors. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Mari! This salmon looks yummy. My hubby loves salmon so I'm always looking for new ways to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is one my boyfriend would love to make. I'll have to bring him around your blog for a look.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sensational on multiple levels! Mari, this is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mari, Just wanted you to know that I tried the salmon and it was out of this world!! I posted it on the Saturday Blog Showcase...a popular recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner