Tuesday

Outdoor Wednesday with Susan at Southern Daydreamer

This Wednesday is special because it's the 25th Outdoor Wednesday, hosted by the lovely Susan on her beautiful blog "A Southern Daydreamer". Please click the link to see who is participating this week!

Thank you for stopping by! This week I would like to share some shots from the north garden; it's our newest garden, and still a work in progress.

Here's what's been happening in June in this garden ~

A peek through one of the gates to this garden.

We are still completing the sandstone path which meanders through this garden. Spaced out over the path are six rusty metal arches. The arches are planted on each side with fragrant old-fashioned and English roses, as well as a variety of clematis on each side.

This one is planted with climbing "Sally Holmes" roses, and "Blue Light" clematis.

More "Blue Light" shots~

And a couple more clematis~

"Toki"

"Pink Champagne"

I love the ever-changing summer skies here in the mountains. :)

Below are some shots of the (over-grown) heart shaped sweetheart garden.

The Digitalis (Foxglove) are in full bloom right now.

When I planted them I didn't know I had bought the giant version. (Ooops.)

The heart shaped bed is planted with fragrant iris, fragrant daffodils, rannuculus, lily of the valley, Dicentra (Bleeding Hearts), all which bloom consecutively from early spring until first frost. Deep in there somewhere is a small birdbath, which was the perfect size (before the Foxglove took over!)

Olive, Bay and Ivy Topiaries, they over winter indoors ~ but live outdoors during the warmer months.

Another Rosemary Topiary. I planted it (pot and all) in a barrel planter for the summer. This method keeps it's roots nice and cool, and prevents it from drying out so quickly.

We welcome all kinds of feathered friends, particularly the darling little Tree Swallows.

They arrive in May and raise their families in several of the birdhouses throughout the property.

Here are a couple of shots from one of the most accessible birdhouses:

Their parents work tirelessly from sun-up to sundown keeping the little ones fed with insects.

I love these volunteer "mop-top" poppies ~

"Volunteers" because birds dropped the seeds. :)

The newest addition to the garden is this fountain.

About mid-way through the path we built an offset terrace for the fountain.

Barely visible here is an arch covered bench which faces the fountain.

Evidence that the path is still a work in progress. :)

Lupine and Poppies.

Some silent visitors.

Can you see his fuzzy little rack just developing? :)

A sample of some of the roses in this garden~

A rear shot of Fairy "Euphoria" who lives among the native fern in the fragrant Oriental lily garden. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by to pay a visit, I hope you've enjoyed this little tour.

Have a wonderful day! xo~m.




46 comments:

  1. hot damn that was FUN! you know i can yammer a blue streak, but my typing limits the chatter... but i LOVE LOVE LOVED IT ALL! was a fab 15' in the garden girl!

    you getting a ca dl, lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary..unbelievable how all the work you did last year is paying off so well and perfectly this year!

    As talented as you are in the kitchen..You are as well in the garden~
    I am sure I will peek and peek and peek again:)Too many curiosities and pretties to mention in one breath:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...that was the most fun I have had all day! That was a beautiful trip into your garden...mine is just crappy this year....we have been rained out, including this afternoon....not a flower on my lacecap hydrangeas...naddah...but your garden has made me smile big time!
    Beautiful girl!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that was just incredible. Your flowers are so fantastic! They were all so beautiful. It must be so wonderful to sit out there and relax. I am so jealous!! Love it. I can't imagine how much time it takes to maintain it but whatever it is it looks totally worth it to me. Just stunning.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally enjoyed the tour. It is absolutely breath-taking.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigosh Mari...I just can't stop looking at the photos of your garden! Absolutely show stopping...this should be in Better Homes and Garden or some garden magazine. Thanks so much for posting them.
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. DArlin-- there was so much magnificance that you shouldve split this post up.

    I am posting then going back to re-read.

    Amazing the peach flower was my favorite so far, i think.

    TTFN~~Claudia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I just got a glimpse of a piece of heaven! Absolutely beautiful. I must show my DH this. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an incredibly beautiful place. Love, love, love the Clematis!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful - Your garden and the photos that you took! Those foxgloves are incredible and the clematis, ooohhhh! I could go on about it all! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, I am never leaving your garden, it's ALL so beautiful, stunning. perfect. I am going back for another look, what inspiration, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This I call a great outdoor, full of blooms and very lovely. I will call the first photos a purple garden. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Your flowers are just gorgeous! Your garden is truly a haven. I especially love your arches covered with climbing flowers. It's my first time to be introduced with a Sally Holmes rose and I think it's just beautiful. That deer must think he's in heaven :-)

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary, thank you for your beautiful backyard tour!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mari, you live in a beautiful wonderland. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos. I'm moving in! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You could charge admission for this beauty!

    I got all kinds of ideas for a hard to grow anything space we have. Thanks!

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is so gorgeous, Mari! I loved visiting your garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This is unbelievable. What a great garden and beautiful photos. It was so much fun to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glorious photos, Mari. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful garden with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have an awesome garden! I love the arches! And your blooms! Those giant foxglove is SUPER. The deer do not eat your flowers? Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! I am speechless, what a garden you have. This is my first time to your blog, but I will definitely be back for more. I could almost smell those flowers through my monitor!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Mari! Can I have your garden? Oh my gosh, you have the garden that everyone dreams of. I would love to have some of your seeds from your garden. I don't know if they would grow in Phoenix or not, but I would love to try. Please stop by Country Wings in Phoenix. I am adding to your followers. I want to follow your BLOGs. How very relaxing to take a stroll through your garden. You have completed my morning. "Country Hugs", Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, I hardly know where to start. This garden is just stunning and so is your photography. The shots of the birds are great and you have so much beauty and artistry in this gorgeous garden. Thanks so much for the tour. I enjoyed it very much!

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful garden, thanks for sharing! Have a great "OW".

    ReplyDelete
  26. i feel as if i just thumb thru a garden book, your garden is amazing!!!!!! thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your pictures and your garden are stunningly beautiful.

    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  28. WoW!!!love your garden. It was stunning!.
    Lovely roses u got. Wish i can be there..really,

    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes, stunning is definitely the right word to describe your garden! I am so inspired by your gardening skill!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning! Your post was a feast for the eyes. Beautiful flowers! I love the multiple arches over the path. So, So, Amazingly Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I came back for a 2nd look since I have a little more time. Your garden is beautiful! Such a pretty deer, but I would think he could do a lot of damage in your garden. Great photos.
    Thanks for stopping by. I don't live in the Franklin area (I was there visiting), but I would love to move there. Don't see it happening tho.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my gosh Mari, what breathtaking gardens you have. You should make that post a slide show for your blog.

    Spectacular header also, I need to go get something to eat now.

    This is my first visit, so please don't mind my drooling, LOL. I am a follower and am adding you to my blog list.

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by to visit me.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your garden is simply divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous! Those roses are so beautiful. You have a lovely garden, Mari!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a pretty garden you have. Those blue clematis are incredible. i love foxglove. Thanks for sharing with us. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Breathtaking! Stunning! Each and every photo! But is that your garden or a public garden near where you live? If that is your garden oh my it is heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful gardens!! It is absolutely breathtaking!
    Blessings,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm in love with your garden!! Can I come & live with you? I would stay out in the garden, I promise. Your photos & flowers are spectacular. You are one lucky gal to be surrounded by such beauty. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You have one serious green thumb! Oh my! If I had a garden like this, I would think I had died and gone to heaven. Sadly, no green thumb here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  40. "A glimpse of Heaven on Earth", your garden is awesome, love the arches, and fountain and path...and my-oh-my the roses and clematis are fantastically beautiful...what a lovely spot for secret garden walks. Thank you for sharing this wonderful place with us. Would love to come over and take a stroll...how far are you from Buffalo, New York?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Awed by the beauty in your garden.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wondered if your arches are made of cow panels. If so how are you stabilizing them? Maybe a piece of rebar? Just love them and some of openings are too wide for the traditional arches, so we are looking for a solution. Thanks, Cydney

    ReplyDelete
  43. The post about your beautiful dog made me cry. I had to put my laptop down and go get a tissue to wipe the tears away.

    Beautiful photos, and garden.

    Glad to see you are back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thank you Christine, for your sweet message of sympathy. ((hugs)) ~m.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner