Thursday

Baked Kale Crisps



Some may turn up their nose at this crispy snack, others love them.
~ They are slightly reminiscent of toasted Nori .

They are a low calorie and low fat nutritious snack, and a decent substitute for potato chips, though not sturdy enough for dipping.


To make them remove the tough stem and tear the leafy part into bite-size portions. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment, lay the pieces out in a single layer and spray lightly with olive oil.

(I use my Misto Oil Sprayer to spritz the olive oil.)
Then bake in a 325* (F) oven for about 7 minutes, turn and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes until crisp but watch carefully during the last few minutes as the can turn from delightfully crisp to burned in a flash.






Then sprinkle very lightly with coarse sea salt and a light dusting of ground cayenne or chipotle powder to add a little heat, if desired.







When the leaves are baked they become nearly transluscent and brittle ~ they delicately shatter when you bite into them.


They make a very interesting addition to the appetizer or cheese tray, or for simply munching. :)




If you would like a printable copy of the recipe you can find it on my recipe blog by clicking HERE.
If these sound appealing to you, I hope you enjoy.
Have a healthy and delicious day!








5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, yummy and healthy!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen people fry kale but I like this version much better. I hate to fry anything... not because of the calories, but then I have to clean the stove! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kale prepared this way...this is so funny but ...GMTA...I just posted a recipe for this on a forum I belong to yesterday!
    You are doing such a wonderful job with the healthy food...you deserve a medal and a huge hug!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ruffly pics:) Just gorgeous Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your sweet comments! :)

    Hi Christine ~ it's nice to "see" you!

    Karen, me too! Hate cleaning up after frying.

    Linda, that is TOO funny... these kinds of things seem to happen to us often, don't they?!

    Monique, I love to hold them up to the light before I pop them in my mouth... they're so pretty. :)

    Thanks again everybody. xoxo ~m.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner