The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ March 23, 2009

FOR TODAY, Monday, March 23, 2009...

Outside my window... 2 copper colored hummingbirds at the feeders, bright blue skies and huge white clouds

I am thinking... about how much I love spring

I am thankful for... for having enough.

From the kitchen... Blueberry Streusel Muffins

I am wearing... Robin's Egg Blue hoodie and matching sweat pants

I am creating... new seat cushions for some vintage outdoor chairs.

I am going... to the nursery for more pansies and primrose

I am reading... "The Shack"

I am hoping... for a long spring, and a mild summer

I am hearing... Tree swallows "talking" to each other, deciding which birdhouse is best.

Around the house... making Spring vignettes here and there.

One of my favorite things... a productive day, spent in the garden

A few plans for the rest of the week: Adding compost to the veggie garden, planting annuals, sprucing up the outdoor furniture.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook to learn more,
and to visit other participant's blogs.


  1. I have something for you on my blog waiting to be picked up... come get them! ;)



  2. hope you had a good day, did you hit the nursery?

    i love reading these...

  3. Thank you for stopping by!

    Cielo, thank you so much, and thank you for your email.

    Hi Jain~ yes, the nursery. :) And some new David Austin climbing roses (thanks to YOU, my friend!)


  4. Beautful post, great photo!...Christine

  5. I enjoyed your daybook. I especially loved when you said you were thankful for having enough. That says so much!

    I also loved your picture thought.


Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .


 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner