Saturday

Homemade Spinach Tortillas


Fun to make (and eat!) These can be used for dipping salsa, guacamole, or for making wraps, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc.

To shape them you can either roll them with a rolling pin or use a tortilla press (I use an Indian Chapati maker, similar to a tortilla press). For easy removal from the press I place the dough ball between 2 sheets of sturdy plastic food freezer bag ~

(I take one bag and split it open on 3 sides, like a book; this can be washed after each tortilla making session and reused.
I store it right along with my Chapati/Tortilla press *.)

* Click HERE to see the Chapati press I use.

(Then use your back-button, or click the blog header to return.)

Be forewarned! If you begin making your own fresh, homemade tortillas you may never satisfied with store-bought again. :)

In my next post I'll show you how I used the Spinach Tortillas this time.

If you would like a printable copy of the recipe with instructions, they can be found on my recipe blog. Click HERE.

Thank you for stopping by ~ have a healthy and delicious day!








3 comments:

  1. You've got me making wraps again. I would love to make my own spinach tortillas for wraps! Gorgeous, Mari!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is better than homemade tortillas. Your spinach tortillas look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are just fabulous looking!
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner