Saturday

Sesame Tortellini Spoons

Thumbs Up! A wonderfully flavorful amuse-bouche.

I used a mild cheese tortellini as I couldn't find ones with plain chicken or meat filling. Even though Cheese is not usually associated with Asian food, these worked out exceptionally well.
Perfect party food, as they can be assembled ahead and served at room temperature.
I bought the tiniest tortellini I could find, so 2 on a spoon worked out perfectly. If you can only find the larger ones, probably one would be sufficient.

I drizzled one scant teaspoon of dip over each spoon, as it's highly flavored.


Sesame Tortellini Recipe

adapted from Emily Richards

(My own notes are in the brackets)

1 pkg (350 g) fresh meat tortellini

[I recommend mild cheese tortellini. I used the tiniest I could find; dried, sold in the box.]

1/4 cup (50 mL) finely shredded Napa or Savoy cabbage

[I had angel shred packaged cabbage on hand, so that is what I used]

3 tbsp (45 mL) finely diced red pepper

2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh coriander

[If you don't care for coriander/cilantro, try very thinly sliced scallions instead]

2 tbsp (25 mL) sesame oil

1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh ginger

Dipping Sauce:

1/4 cup (50 mL) soy sauce

3 tbsp (45 mL) seasoned rice vinegar

Method:

1. Boil tortellini in large pot of boiling salted water for about 5 minutes or until they are tender but firm. Drain well and place in large bowl. [You can cook ahead and cool, (refrigerate if made ahead), then combine the remaining ingredients shortly before serving.]

2. Add cabbage, red pepper, coriander, sesame oil and ginger and toss to coat well. Set aside.

3. Dipping Sauce: Whisk together soy sauce and vinegar until combined.

4. Divide 2 tortellini among Asian style soup spoons and drizzle each with some of the sauce. Or alternatively, serve tortellini with toothpicks and dip into sauce to serve.

Serves 10 to 12 as an appetizer


Keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner