Saturday

Ruth Chris' Style Barbeque Shrimp


Unusual name, because I don't consider these "Barbeque" but they are VERY good.



Having plenty of crusty bread to dip up the sauce is crucial.



As well as fresh lemon slices.

Ruth Chris' style Barbeque Shrimp Recipe

My notes: I halved the following Barbeque Butter recipe, and still only used half of what I made and that amount was PLENTY. Other reviewers had the same response.

Barbeque Butter:

1 pound Butter

2 teaspoons Black Pepper

1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

1 1/2 teaspoon Paprika

1 teaspoon Salt

1/2 teaspoon whole dried Rosemary Leaves (measured, then finely chopped) [I used 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped]

2 ounces (1/4 cup) Garlic, finely chopped

2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce

1 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce

1 1/2 teaspoons Water


Additional ingredients for preparing the shrimp:

1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Olive Oil

1 pound (16-20 count), cleaned, peeled and deveined shrimp


1/4 cup chopped Green Onions

1/2 cup dry White Wine

And:

Sourdough Bread, for serving

Slice lemons, if desired.

DIRECTIONS:

First make the Barbecue Butter:

1. Soften butter at room temperature to 70-80 degrees.

2. Place butter, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, rosemary, garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and water into mixing bowl.

3. Whip on high speed 3 minutes or until thoroughly blended.

4. Refrigerate to 40 degrees. (I skipped this step as I made the butter right before I needed it, with no problem.)



For the Shrimp:

This will use only 1 cup of the butter; reserve extra for another use. (Be warned the recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups!)

1. Pour olive oil in a hot sauté pan.

2. Add shrimp to the sauté pan and cook on one side for 1-2 minutes. (Don't crowd; if necessary, use 2 pans. A 12-inch pan will accommodate 1 pound of shrimp.)

3. Reduce heat to medium, turn shrimp, and add the chopped green onion. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.

4. Add white wine and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup.

5. Stir in 1 cup cold Barbecue Butter, reduce heat to low and cook and stir frequently until shrimp are just done (white throughout, moist and tender), approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
Take care not to overcook the shrimp.

6. Serve immediately in preheated bowl or bowls along with bread for dipping, and lemon slices.

Proclaimed excellent!

3 comments:

  1. this looks wonderful, i look forward to making this! all your pics are gorgeous, who can resist fresh lemons~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably one of my favorite recipes that you've shared, Mary! I've made it several times already. I like to make extra sauce and serve the shrimp and over pasta. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DH and the kids don't eat shrimp... but I sure do. And with them being off to enjoy some camping for the weekend I'll be sure to make this while I'm alone. M'mmmm sounds wonderful!!

    Have a delicious day =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner