Monday

Spooky Eye-Popping Soup for Halloween



I saw this presentation on Home is Where the Boat is
a wonderfully creative blog by my friend Mary.  
If you're not familiar with Mary's blog I urge
you to go visit, you're in for a treat!


For the Spooky Eye-Popping Soup I made a recipe similar to this one; 
I used half lean ground beef and half Italian sausage, 
fusilli instead of tortellini, omitted basil leaves ~ 
I used a couple of pinches of dried oregano instead, 
and chopped the vegetables into small dice just so the 'eyes' 
would get most of the attention.  





If you would like an even simpler soup you may like this one
directions for making the eyeballs can be found here as well. 
I simply used bite size mozzarella (bocconcini) and placed 
thin slices of stuffed green olives on them to resemble 
pupils and irises. 


It's a fun and flavorful soup to help get everyone in the mood for Halloween.



Thank you for stopping by today friends ~
Have a BOO-tiful week!  :)

~mari xo

8 comments:

  1. You know who(s) would love this for sure..:)
    Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monique, for sure this would be a hit with BOYS! (Probably most would pick off the olives...) Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This soup looks not only delicious...but is so adorable! You have made so many fun Halloween things this year...just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda! I must be reliving my living childhood. ;) Because we live so far out, we get no trick or treaters I miss that. However the downtown merchants do hand out goodies to the kids on Halloween until early evening so at least we can see the little children all dressed up, they are always so cute!


    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little eyeballs looking out of the soup cup make me smile every time I look at them. Kids of any age would get a kick out of this spooky idea, Mari. I don't think there is anybody who doesn't enjoy the fun time of Halloween. The number of trick-or-treaters at my door dwindles every year. I will miss seeing the little ones all dressed up in their costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that profile of their frog eyes popping up cracks me up! i love the wampus eyebrows too, how fun to play with your food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mari~ Your spooky eye popping soup makes me grin from ear to ear and the Italian sausage would be SO delicious too! Halloween brings out my inner 5 year old year~ I'll be sorry for all the scary fun to be over :)
    Happy Haunting to you this week and thanks so much for your kind words~ I want to be a master photographer like you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Mari, would thinks up such fun ideas?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner