Thursday

Retro 50's Luncheon on the Terrace ~ Revisited








Please join me for a 1950's Luncheon on the terrace,
as originally shared in August 2009.

I'm stepping out of my comfort zone as I usually set the table with more subdued colors and allow the food to make the statement. Not this time ~ for inspiration I drew upon memories of growing up in the 50's and 6o's. I hope you enjoy!









I used the bright, primary colors in the reproduction tablecloth to build the color scheme.















Yellow Bordallo Pinheiro (Portuguese) cabbage bowls from Sur La Table.















These are actually cotton dish towels, I chose them because they carry out the bright fruit theme of the table cloth ~ I love their generous size.









Lemons as the table "centerpiece" since we're having lemonade to drink. 
(The pedestal bowl is from Crate & Barrel a couple of years ago.)









I used one of my French Vinegar jars to serve the chilled lemonade. (Emile Henry Pottery)











The stemware is by Tracy Porter, I found them on sale a couple of years ago at Target.











The yellow placemats are from Beds, Bath & Beyond. 
The casual blue flatware is from Macy's (over 20 years ago),  little red butter knives/spreaders are French ~ I've had them for quite a while (forgot where they came from.)

The yellow chargers are actually "chop" platters ~ for serving meat ~ in the Fiesta pattern (Homer Laughlin) ~ it's the old mellow yellow color; the red plates are also by Fiesta ~ a few years old, but not vintage.













Vintage covered butter dish from the 60's ~ by 'Lotus'.






And a little peek of what was on the menu...



















With sincere thanks to dear Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for so generously hosting us.

  
Please click on Susan's logo above to see
all of this weeks participants.

Thank you very much for stopping by today!









18 comments:

  1. Mari,

    I read on another blog that you recently lost one of your pets. I remember seeing pics of your dog, maybe a golden? I just wanted to say that when I read that post it brought tears to my eyes and I am so sorry for you loss. I know only too well the loss of a dear pet. {{{HUGS}}} to you.

    BTW, you table is absolutely gorgeous and I love the table cloth.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mari! This is just beautiful and so fun, I love everything, a perfect picture of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful. I really love the yellow pedestal bowl. The shrimp and peas pictured in the last photo sound fabulous for lunch.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely table setting! If you held a contest to host a real luncheon at your table, I would SO enter!

    Your food photos aren't bad either ;-) .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be eating everything on your beautiful plate. Looks delicious. Your table is so inviting and happy. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Fun! I'm glad you've reposted this, as I missed it the first time around. I love all the bright, bold colors & I especially like that beautiful tablecloth.

    I recently bought the PINK version of those Bordallo Pinheiro bowls. ♥ 'em!

    Off to find that shrimp recipe you served.

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  7. So colorful! I loved everything about it. The shrimp look delicious! I can just smell the goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So summery and fresh looking. I too like things more subdued, but summertime screams for color I think!
    I love the napkins and tablecloth :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a darling table. I love how bright and happy it is.. I just realized I do not have one set of yellow dishes.. a yellow tea set but no yellow dishes, I've got to fix that soon... hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mari, you set an incredible table. Every detail is perfect! And your menu must have been fabulous from the look of that plate...lucky guests!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have the most wonderful table settings, I love this old fashion looking table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the tablecloth and the bright colors are perfect for summer too! The food looks spectacular too! Would love to know what all is in the pea and celery salad! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, my, what a fabulous tablescape. well done! inspires me to do more than simply toss a couple of plates on the table. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

  14. oh.. so nice post.)
    Love your blog.))

    I now spend a survey of bloggers with such questions.
    1. Why did you create a blog?
    2. For whom you taking him? Want to be popular?
    3. How long will it keep going?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such an inviting summer table! It is screaming fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner