Sunday

Apple-Carrot & Dried Cranberry Salad with Toasted Walnuts


Recently when Kathie, (Kami's beautiful and youthful grandma)  flew out to meet the most recent addition to our family, she treated us to some of her wonderful culinary creations. Among them was this salad which we loved.




It is just one more example of the whole being  MORE than the sum of its' parts.  This is delicious!! Way better than the old Carrot-Raisin-Pineapple salad if you ask me.


The recipe is from "Clean Eating" magazine. Thank you for sharing it Kathie~ this fresh, healthful and tasty salad is a new favorite of ours.















People, the wonderful thing is... NO real recipe needed!
Grated apple (washed and skin left on),  grated carrots, dried cranberries and toasted walnuts.  For the dressing?  It doesn't need much...  a little freshly squeezed lemon juice, a little bit of sweetener (sugar, honey, agave syrup... etc.)  Toss all together and serve.

To change it out every once in a while I think a little fresh, grated ginger would be delicious as well (if you have ginger fans in your house.)


Thank you for stopping by today, friends... I would love it if you would leave a comment.  xo~m. 














14 comments:

  1. In two weeks I'm going to have a Brunch and I surely prepare this fantastic salad, thanks ciao Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This salad is not only beautiful but also so very healthy..excellent pictures. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful simple salad, I love the crispy aspect and the flavor combos sound amazing together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi EliFLa, Catherine and MaryBeth~ :)

    Thank you for your comments! If you try this one, I hope you love it as much as I do. Please let me know if you make it and how you liked it or any changes you made to your version.

    It's a great treat to have a fresh bowl of it in the fridge to snack upon throughout the day, instead of something not-so-good for us.:0)

    The lemon juice not only adds flavor, but helps the apple shreds from oxidizing so rapidly.

    Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment.♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was once one of my favorite salads..:)

    It looks beautiful Mary..your Facebook pic too!

    How's it going Nana? True love:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inventive, especially since I have no lettuce in the house, but I do have all the ingredients for yours salad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fresh and delectable this looks. Just perfect for a lift in January.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks absolutely delicious! Very healthy for the new year diet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have all the ingredients...being served as part of dinner tonight. Thinking about adding some thinly sliced Jicama. Thanks for the guideline recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The carrots would provide their own sweetness to this yummy salad Cari. I love it when friends and family share our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. une bonne salade pour accueillir le printemps... Bises

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you my friends, I love learning from you... and sharing with you as well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would be delicious! I love salads with nuts or dried fruit in them. Refreshing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, friends ~ they make my day!

A Sampling of my food . . .

Subscribe:

 Subscribe in a reader...or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner